TOP entrepreneurial talent from across the North-east are celebrating after reaching the final stages of the Elevator Awards 2015.
Finalists in the prestigious business awards, formerly known as the Grampian Awards for Business Excellence, which are in their 16th year, include young up-and-coming businesses, family-owned enterprises and long-established companies across the North-east.
The competition, which is run by Elevator, along with headline sponsors RBS – Ahead For Business, received hundreds of applications from local businesses.
The high amount of entries resulted in a sharp increase in the Employer of the Year and Spirit of Excellence categories.
Professor Gary McEwan, chief executive of Elevator, said: “The awards support and showcase the success of entrepreneurship in business in the North-east, and once again we have received a high volume of top quality entries from some of the finest businessmen and women in the area.
“The rise in the number of entries in specific categories demonstrates that although the area is experiencing a downturn, there is still a real sense of optimism amongst our entrepreneurs for a bright future.
“Reaching the final stages of the awards offers these individuals and businesses the perfect opportunity to demonstrate why they are the best in their chosen field during a face-to-face judging day in May.
“Following this, some of them will ultimately secure a winning position, gaining the recognition they truly deserve for their achievements.”
Russell Whyte, RBS – Ahead for Business, director of commercial banking, said: “The quality of businesses selected for this year’s final is truly outstanding and reflect the diverse and dynamic economy we have here in the north-east. They have all achieved exceptional success and are true leaders in their fields.
“RBS – Ahead for Business is delighted to once again support the awards and we wish every finalist the best of luck in a competition which highlights the great work taking place in the region.”
Finalists in nine of the ten awards categories are as follows:
- Most Promising New Business – sponsored by Business Gateway: Bagels & Stuff Ltd; Deeside Classic Campers Ltd; XOXO Floral Boutique.
- Business Success Under Three Years (businesses that have been trading for under three years at deadline for applications) – sponsored by RBS Ahead for Business: Aisus Offshore Ltd; OEM Diesel Products; Zenith Energy.
- Business Success Over Three Years (businesses that have been trading for over three years at deadline for applications) – sponsored by RBS Ahead For Business: Dynamic Edge; EFC Group; Motive Offshore Group.
- The Grampian Award for Innovation – sponsored by Murgitroyd: Blaze Manufacturing Solutions; Divex Ltd – for COBRA (Compact Bailout Rebreathing Apparatus); Equalizer Flange Integrity Systems Ltd
- The ‘Spirit of Enterprise’ Award – sponsored by partner Aberdeen City Council: Cake! By Shannon; Dee-Vine Living; Definition Skin & Laser Clinic
- The Alick Buchanan-Smith Enterprising Communities Award – sponsored by partner Aberdeenshire Council: Aberdeen Business Network; North East Sensory Services; Home-Start Aberdeen
- Emerging Entrepreneur of the Year – sponsored by ACE Winches: Elaine Duthie of Aberdeen Engineering Solutions Ltd; Barry Park of OEM Diesel Products; Murray Kerr of SengS Subsea Engineering Solutions Limited
- Employer of the Year – sponsored by Empire: AVC Media Ltd; Blaze Manufacturing Solutions; Grampian Fasteners
- Entrepreneurial Supporter of the Year – sponsored by the Federation of Small Businesses: Jackie Allan – Inverurie Business Association; June Burnett – Aberdeenshire Council; John Davidson of NESCOL (North East Scotland College).
The black tie awards ceremony will be held at the Mercure Aberdeen Ardoe House Hotel and Spa on Thursday 25 June 2015.
Issued by Frasermedia Ltd on behalf of Elevator.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Frasermedia. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka Press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
It’s this icon, here. It’s your route straight into the rich archive.
Frasermedia contact details…
Contact: Donna Ross