Photo opportunity: The Famous Grouse Experience, Crieff, 2pm on Tuesday 19th May
A CHORAL ensemble that has performed for the Queen and President Obama, is set to pay musical homage to one of the world’s most famous cats, as they embark on their summer tour of the UK and Scandinavia next week.
The Yale Alley Cats have performed with stage star Kirsten Chenoweth, clocked up a number of album releases, made it onto the 52nd Grammy Awards entry list for Best Pop Vocal Album and earned the praise of Aretha Franklin who described them as “Mm-mm delicious”.
Next week, they are set to perform in front of one of the world’s most famous felines, on a visit to The Famous Grouse Experience in Crieff where, on Tuesday 19th May at 2pm, the musical group will gather around the statue of Towser the Mouser, and perform a selection of their most popular hits.
Towser still holds the Guinness World Record for best mouser, catching 28,899 mice in her 24 years at the distillery.
Her statue stands in the grounds of the distillery and her world record certificate is proudly displayed on the wall of the tasting bar for visitors to see.
The Yale Alley Cats were founded in 1943 and have a musical repertoire of over 200 pieces ranging from the Temptations and Stevie Wonder to Justin Timberlake and Taylor Swift.
True to their roots, their musical pieces are arranged and performed a capella in the standards of the American Songbook from the likes of Gershwin, Ellington, and Porter.
The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery in Crieff, currently UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year, was delighted to accommodate the musical group.
Stuart Cassells, general manager at The Famous Grouse Experience, commented: “I am delighted that the Yale Alley Cats have chosen to visit The Famous Grouse Experience at Glenturret Distillery and will perform in front of Towser’s statue next week.
“Their visit is, strictly speaking, a leisure visit to take in Scotland’s oldest working distillery and taste some of our finest malt whiskies; however, they did want to mark the occasion with a musical serenade to the world’s greatest mouser and we were delighted to accommodate their request.
“I’m looking forward to seeing them perform.”
The performance will begin at 2pm on Tuesday 19th May and is open to the public and free to attend.
For further information on this news release, please contact Tricia Fox, Volpa, Tel: 07989 955039 or 01738 658187, Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Yale Alley Cats
Media Kit available to download on request from: http://www.yalealleycats.com/publicity-kit/
About Glenturret Distillery and The Famous Grouse Experience
• The Famous Grouse Experience is located at Scotland’s oldest working distillery – Glenturret. Originally established as a single malt distillery in 1775, today The Famous Grouse Experience is the most visited distillery in Scotland (welcoming an average of 100,000 visitors every year).
• The distillery was fully refurbished in 2014 and was recently awarded UK Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year by Whisky Magazine and finished in the top three at the Global Icons of Whisky Awards for Whisky Visitor Attraction of the Year.
• It has recently announced the opening of a new café and restaurant on site, Wilde Thyme at Glenturret, a partnership with award-winning, Comrie-based luxury caterers, Wilde Thyme, offering the very best in locally sourced Scottish produce and dishes that give diners an authentic and delicious taste of Perthshire.
• The distillery offers the opportunity to learn how a single malt is made in the traditional way, as well as learning how some of the Glenturret single malt is then blended along with other grain and malt whiskies to create The Famous Grouse, the No. 1 whisky in the UK.
• Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm)
• Visitor and café restaurant Opening Hours 10am-6pm (Nov-Feb 10am-5pm) The restaurant will be opening in the evenings in the Spring.
• For more information please visit www.thefamousgrouseexperience.com or call 01764 656565
• Distillery Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, and a taste of two fine whiskies. £10 adult, £9 concession (seniors/students/under 18s).
• Tasting Experience: (one hour) Runs hourly. Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of five fine whiskies and a souvenir nosing glass to keep. £20 Famous Tasting, £30 Finest Tasting, Over 18s only.
• Warehouse Experience: (1½ hours) Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a taste of four fine whiskies and a magical peek at hundreds of sleeping casks in our very special warehouse. £40, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Blending Experience: (two hours) Includes one exceptional distillery tour, a tasting of four fine whiskies inside our exclusive bonded warehouse and a unique opportunity to master the art of blending your own whisky, complete with complimentary 100ml bottle and certificate. £60, Over 18s only, Pre-booking recommended.
• Stillman Experience: (10-4pm) Available Tue, Wed, Thu. Includes one exceptional experience with unrivalled access to the unique world of whisky production. Spend the day side by side with our Stillman and our Drammolier™, learn the art of blending, and toast one fine day with a dram from your complimentary bottle of The Glenturret Highland Single Malt. £250, Over 18s only, Pre-booking essential.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Volpa. You too can post your story ideas for journalists (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email email@example.com for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMusicPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Volpa contact details…