ONE of Scotland’s oldest local newspapers celebrated the end of an era, with a move to new premises, for the first time in 70 years.
The Arbroath Herald moves from Brothock Mill to just around the corner, to 21 Market Place, a couple of blocks from the town’s seafront.
The Arbroath Herald was first published by John Brodie on February 5, 1885, and had four pages. It moved to Brothock Mill in 1936.
The paper was free until September, 1887, when it assumed the fully-fledged status of an eight-page title, selling at one penny.