THE number of people seeking voluntary redundancy at the Herald group of newspapers is said to be now almost 50, as part of a staff reorganisation that saw – last month – everyone being invited to apply for new, but fewer jobs at the group’s three titles of The Herald, Sunday Herald and Evening Times.
It is further understood that, earlier this week, all but one of an initial tranche of applicants for voluntary redundancy were told they had been successful. But more have since applied, still to learn the outcome.
Yesterday, there was a meeting between the National Union of Journalists and management to discuss who next would have their applications accepted. It took place ahead of a public meeting, hosted by the NUJ in Glasgow, about the industrial situation at the group, and attended by over 100 people.
APOLOGIES: the rest of this entry is unavailable, most likely because of a corrupted database.