When allmediascotland.com launches with a new look in a few weeks’ time, one ambition is that readers recommend stuff, including articles that have made a strong, favourable impression on them in the Scottish press.
Of the many websites that allmediascotland.com is likely to find itself recommending on a regular basis is www.webdesignerdepot.com; comprising great advice – sometimes highly technical, other times not – updated on a daily basis.
A few days back, it was suggesting 12 essential rules on designing a logo, which allmediascotland.com thinks might be helpful for those staff journalists and photographers who have recently, or are about to, swell the ranks of the self-employed.
The rules are:
1. Preliminary Work is a Must
2. Create Balance
3. Size Matters
4. Clever Use of Colour
5. Design Style Should Suit the Company
6. Typography Matters… a Lot!
7. The Goal IS Recognition
8. Dare to be Different
9. K.I.S.S. (Keep it Simple, Stupid)
10. Go Easy on Effects
11. Develop a Design ‘Assembly Line’
12. Use Other Designs for Inspiration Only!
If you are thinking of setting up in business for yourself and want to graphically illustrate it with a logo, read more, here.
* Send your Scottish media news and gossip, in the strictest confidence, to