A SUPPOSED member of a three-man consortium reported to be keen on buying The Scotsman newspaper has – via his spokesperson – said he is not interested.
In a brief statement, a spokesperson for one of the apparent consortium said: “[He] has no interest in acquiring The Scotsman.”
Earlier in the day, the newspaper’s publisher, Johnston Press, was equally emphatic. It said: “Johnston Press notes the press speculation regarding the potential disposal of The Scotsman.
“Whilst company policy is not to comment on such speculation, Johnston Press can confirm that the board does not have any disposal process underway in this regard.”
It followed a report in the Sunday Times Scotland that the trio had held negotiations with Johnston about The Scotsman but that different valuations over price might prove a stumbling block.