CLOSING DATE: February 29, 2016
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a graphic designer with creative flair and flexible thinking to join the Girls’ Magazines design team which produces the new pre-school title, Twirlywoos, as well as Jacqueline Wilson Magazine, Animals And You, Shout, and a number of developing print products.
Reporting to the design editor, you will work on magazine design, brand extensions and other titles within Girls’ Magazines as required.
You will liaise with internal and external customers to gain a clear understanding of visual communication requirements in order to design page layouts with high visual impact for readers in the children’s market, in line with brand values.
Key responsibilities of the role are:
* Design page layouts with high visual impact, in keeping with style guides and brand values;
* Contribute innovative ideas and designing artwork to brief;
* Prepare of design layouts using techniques such as photography, illustration and computer generated imagery;
* Ensure layout changes meet the needs of internal and external customers; and
* Contribute to the design of brand extensions and projects as necessary within a team environment
You may also be expected to work across other titles in Girls’ Magazines.
With HND Graphic Design or equivalent, or extensive experience in graphic design, the successful candidate will be a proficient user of InDesign, Photoshop and Illustrator, have an understanding of colour and form and DCT in-house styles.
You will also possess good communication skills, the ability to interpret instructions, prioritise tasks and work to strict deadlines and style guides.
Please note that this is a permanent, full-time position.
For further information, please visit www.dcthomson.co.uk/careers
Closing date for applications is Monday 29th February 2016.