CLOSING DATE: May 18, 2016
HOLYROOD Communications is the Scottish arm of Dods Plc, which is the pre-eminent provider of political information and communications across Europe.
Since 1999, Holyrood Communications has been helping create honest, open and apolitical analysis of public policy here in Scotland, through both our events and print output.
We now have a very exciting role for a senior conference producer to head up our events team.
This a genuinely wide-ranging role which requires a broad range of attributes across policy research, communications, IT, business, relationship building and strategic thinking.
The successful candidate will ideally have five-plus years’ experience of working in an events business and a track record of developing successful and profitable conferences and exhibitions.
We are looking for a good all-rounder who is enthused by the opportunity at being at the heart of Scotland’s political landscape and who will:
* Be a key individual in the senior management team;
* Will work closely with the managing director and commercial director to deliver profitable and engaging events;
* Work across a diverse portfolio of different event formats from public policy briefings, conferences, single client sponsored round tables, political party conference fringe events, as well as established award programmes;
* Oversee the marketing of the events schedule by working with marketing, business development and communication colleagues to identify appropriate audiences;
* Provide leadership and expertise to the events team to create compelling content for events;
* Work closely with colleagues across Holyrood and Dods Plc to facilitate content sharing across multi-platforms;
* Engage with stakeholders and the wider public policy community to promote Holyrood events and to build partnerships that facilitate engagement with the wider Holyrood Communications family and its products;
* Identify new areas of business development and how to deliver;
* Devise and produce a personal portfolio of policy and training events; and
* Set and manage the budgets within the team.
You will have:
* A keen aptitude for business;
* A positive attitude;
* An intellectual curiosity;
* A willingness to take responsibility;
* A keen interest in public policy;
* A comprehensive understanding of Scotland’s political landscape; and
* Internal and external management skills combined with the ability to lead, enthuse and motivate.
Salary: £35-40K with OTE £45-50K.
Please send a covering letter and a c.v. to Mandy Rhodes, managing director, Holyrood Communications, Panmure Court, 32 Calton Road, EH8 8BD email@example.com
Closing date: May 18th.