CLOSING DATE: July 1, 2016
Trainee features writer
Scottish Wedding Directory
AN exciting opportunity has arisen to join the editorial team at Scottish Wedding Directory, Scotland’s leading bridal magazine.
The successful candidate will assist in creating features suited to the Scottish Wedding Directory’s readers’ and advertisers’ requirements, as well as carrying out a range of administrative tasks essential to the day-to-day running of a busy magazine.
The key responsibilities of this role will include:
* Assisting with the creation of engaging content for the print magazine and website;
* Fact-checking and proofreading content to remove spelling and grammatical errors;
* Contributing regular creative ideas which build on brand values;
* Evaluating content from external contributors and actioning as appropriate;
* Liaising with advertisers and PR contacts; and
* Assisting in moderation and maintenance of magazine social media platforms and website.
In this role, you will also be required to carry out administrative work.
The successful candidate will have excellent written communication and IT skills, and have a passion for magazines and the wedding industry.
Ideally, you’ll be educated to degree level or equivalent in a relevant discipline, have an awareness of copyright law, and be competent in using electronic publishing packages.
An immediate start date is required. We would prefer you to be based on our Dundee office, but we will consider applicants to be based in our Glasgow office.
Please note, that you should submit an engaging 300-word opinion piece on what makes Scotland an awesome place to get married as part of your application.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies/trainee-features-writer/
Closing date for applications is Friday 1st July 2016.