CLOSING DATE: July 7, 2016
THE International Network of Street Papers (INSP) is recruiting for an exciting volunteering and training opportunity in our editorial and communications department. You could see your work in street papers worldwide!
INSP’s editorial and communications support volunteer will work closely with our communications manager and editorial officer, to support INSP’s international News Service and online communications strategy.
This is a volunteer position and would be ideal as a student placement.
The successful candidate will have the opportunity to learn from – and contribute to – a small, friendly team, at the heart of a passionate international network.
* Work with editorial officer to upload articles and images to the INSP News Service website and create weekly email news feeds for members;
* Upload news stories to the INSP website and promote through social media channels:
* Support the INSP social media communications plan, by writing and posting content to Twitter, Facebook and Instagram;
* Assist with the collection and editing of news articles, features and photographs submitted by INSP street paper members around the world;
* Write appealing intros for a selection of stories, to help street paper editors to select content; and
* Proofing articles and ensuring their applicability to an international audience.
* Strong written and oral communication skills;
* Great attention to detail;
* Qualification in a relevant subject;
* Computer literate, with an interest in all things digital;
* Strong understanding of social media;
* Confident and reliable team worker; and
* Print and/or online journalism experience strongly preferred.
14 hours per week (minimum) for a six-month period. The role is based at our offices in central Glasgow.
How to apply:
Please email a CV and covering letter to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Your covering letter should detail your relevant experience and why you would like to work with us, plus one idea for a short news story to go on our website with details of who you would speak to and how you would write up the article.
Deadline for applications: 5pm, 7 July 2016. Interviews will take place w/c 11 July 2016.
Start date: ASAP
Expenses: This is an unpaid volunteer role; however, expenses of £150 per month will be covered.