CLOSING DATE: September 9, 2016
CLYDE Weekly Press is looking for a senior content editor to play a key role in driving forward its operation in print and online.
Already with experience running a busy news desk, or an ambitious and talented senior reporter looking to make the step up into management, you will be responsible for guiding and nurturing CWP’s talented reporting team to ensure it hits the high standards and expectations associated with its prestigious titles.
Reporting to the group editor, you will assist in the implementation of new and innovative strategies designed to improve our printed products, whilst also driving forward growth online.
Key responsibilities include:
* Assist the editor in directing the editorial team to deliver high quality content across all mediums;
* Lead, manage, motivate and develop the news team in line with the objectives of the department;
* Organise an efficient copy flow to meet all production deadlines for all publications and websites, as required;
* Assist in providing cross-content for all titles to help ensure the regional division operates as efficiently as possible;
* Manage news diary and set the news agenda each week, presenting news lists, pictures, video and all other content at news conferences and guiding the news team to source and develop strong community stories and establish strong splashes for each edition;
* Develop contacts within the local community and help the news team provide off-diary exclusives, week-on-week;
* When required, produce content, words, pictures, audio and video or source user generated copy for stories as appropriate;
* Be fully conversant with the legal requirements of print and online editions; and
* Deputise for editor during periods of annual leave and sickness absence.
In return, you’ll be part of a forward-thinking and exciting newsroom, receive a competitive salary (based on experience) plus more than six-and-a-half weeks annual leave, including bank holidays.
CWP is home to a stable of six weekly titles, including the Clydebank Post, Helensburgh Advertiser, Dumbarton and Vale of Leven Reporter, Paisley and Renfrewshire Gazette, Barrhead News and the Paisley People.
Please apply by email, attaching a copy of your CV and a covering letter explaining why you think you are the right person for this post, including details of your current salary and any applicable notice period.
Send your application to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications: 9th September 2016.