CLOSING DATE: November 27, 2016
Commissioning illustrations editor
WE are looking for a talented and creative illustrator to join the editorial team of The People’s Friend magazine.
Based in Dundee, and working within a busy, lively office environment, you will be responsible for overseeing all illustration work for the magazine and its brand extensions. This is a rare and exciting opportunity to play a central role in the continuing success of the world’s longest-running women’s weekly magazine.
Key responsibilities include:
* Prioritising all of the title’s illustration needs;
* Using your illustration skills to create images and designs that suit the style of The People’s Friend;
* Commissioning artwork from freelance contributors in line with agreed briefs, on time and within budget;
* Scanning images and changing sizes, colours and other elements as required;
* Overseeing all illustration work to ensure a high standard of artwork and a balanced selection for each issue across The People’s Friend portfolio; and
* Building and maintaining positive working relationships with the editorial team and external contributors.
To succeed in this role, you will have excellent illustration skills and be proficient in Photoshop, Illustrator and associated packages.
You must enjoy working as part of a team, and have good communication and organisational skills. The ability to prioritise and to work quickly, accurately and to deadline is essential. In addition, an interest in or knowledge of the women’s weekly magazine market would be advantageous.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Sunday 27th November 2016.