CLOSING DATE: January 20, 2017
DUNDEE is a changing and vibrant city, and the Evening Telegraph is right at the heart of it.
One of Britain’s top-performing evening papers, it provides the best news and sports coverage for communities in and around Dundee.
As well as its award-winning print editions, it has a strong and rapidly-growing online presence.
We are now looking for a sports writer/production journalist to join our close-knit team, based in Dundee. This exciting opportunity would suit someone who has the motivation and desire to work in a friendly, yet fast-paced environment.
* To originate ideas
* To ensure full coverage required by relevant title in print and digital
* To consistently display ability to cover full range of reporting/subbing tasks
* To write content, including headlines and other elements, to commissioned sizes or ordered templates
* To respond to any picture/story opportunities in specialist or any other subject
* To maintain and develop an effective external network of contacts to ensure maximum story potential
* To proof read text, checking grammar and spelling, editing and rewriting as required
* To lay out pages where relevant
* To be able to spot spelling misstakes at 50 paces (well, did you?)
* To take on responsibility for ‘specials’ from time to time, seeing them through from conception to print
Ideally, the candidate would be qualified to at least HND (or equivalent) level or have relevant newspaper editorial experience.
Knowledge of social media would be a definite advantage. In addition, knowledge of the workings of IPSO and the Editors’ Code of Practice would be an asset.
Please note that this role will be based in our Kingsway office until approximately the end of March 2017. We will then move to our Meadowside office in Dundee city centre.
For further information, please visit http://careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 20th January 2017