CLOSING DATE: March 28, 2017
THE Freetime Initiative wants to recruit an experienced professional to the post of editorial manager (maternity cover), based at our Glasgow office.
This role covers:
1. Leading a small team of four – editorial executive, graphic designer and business assistant (sourcing adverts);
2. The co-ordination of all editorial and advertising content for a major bi-monthly UK running magazine – including news, features, competitions, product reviews and adverts;
3. The supervision of the creation of content for other magazines, including allocating editorial tasks, briefing contributors, liaising with designer and also working closely with advertising sales team to provide value for partners;
4. The progressing of all magazine content to schedule to ensure all articles, images and adverts are ready for deadline date;
5. The supervision of our associated websites including overseeing daily news stories, weekly eNews and results and regularly updated social media content;
6. Contributing to the company’s online strategy; and
7. Other staff management duties, including overseeing the company office, booking holidays, etc.
1. An experienced journalist with excellent writing skills;
2. Experience in a management/supervisory role;
3. An interest in running (our main title is a running title);
4. A strong awareness of the digital world – as well as magazines we have busy associated websites and social media; and
5. The ability to lead a small editorial team from our Glasgow office.
The post is expected to be for a nine-month period (from May 1 2017), based on an annual salary of £32,000 – £34,000.
Please submit your CV and covering letter to
Terry Brennan, managing director
Closing date: Wednesday, 29 March.
Interview dates: To be advised.
Contact: Terry Brennan