CLOSING DATE: July 2, 2017
STV’S award-winning flagship news programme, STV News, brings live, comprehensive and up-to-the-minute coverage to over 4.5 million viewers across Scotland each week.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a reporter to join our Edinburgh News team.
You will be an experienced journalist with demonstrable passion and creativity to join our multi-media newsroom.
You will bring good contacts and ideas to stories and tell them in an engaging way which makes an impact with the audience.
This role will be responsible for covering news events throughout our transmission area and providing content to the highest editorial and production standards for STV News, associated bulletins and online.
* Ability to break and handle major news stories, find exclusives and develop original news features to deliver agenda-setting journalism;
* Deliver polished package reports using Avid newscutter;
* Ensure creative use of graphics as a story-telling tool;
* Some live presentation will also be required; and
* Assist in any other aspect of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills and experience:
* Demonstrable relevant experience in TV, radio or other media, demonstrating a developed news sense is essential;
* A detailed knowledge in online delivery of news and the convergence of our on-air programming and on-line offering;
* A detailed knowledge of the Scottish news and current affairs agenda and the law as it affects journalism in Scotland;
* An original approach to journalism with the confidence to develop new ways of covering the news agenda;
* Confident communication and ability to liaise effectively with both technical and non technical personnel, adopting a calm approach under pressure;
* Self-motivation and strong interpersonal skills essential to build productive relationships with colleagues, internal departments and external stakeholders;
* Determination and drive to succeed, overcome obstacles and to meet the demands of working in a busy news environment; and
* Journalism degree or equivalent is desirable.
To apply, please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org and please include a relevant show reel of no more than three minutes.