CLOSING DATE: October 8, 2017
OFCOM is the independent regulator and competition authority for the UK communications industries.
We regulate TV, radio, fixed-line telecoms, mobile telecoms and post, plus the radio spectrum over which wireless devices operate.
Ofcom currently licenses around 2,000 television and radio services.
The Standards and Audience Protection team are responsible for setting and enforcing content standards to ensure that audiences are protected.
The team also regulates standards on on-demand programme services. As the technology people use to watch and listen to content continues to evolve, we also need to address the future of content regulation across different platforms.
Principals in this area will have the job of ensuring that Ofcom continues to provide appropriate audience protections across the broadcasting and on demand programme sectors, in accordance with our statutory duties.
Crucially, they will need to deliver this work as effectively, efficiently and flexibly as possible.
What you will be doing
* Taking ownership of work delivery to time, quality and cost across a range of standards and audience protection programmes and projects involving the broadcasting and/or on demand programme sector;
* Acting as an expert and leader in your own specialism/s but also demonstrating agility by taking responsibility for delivery across other areas of the team’s remit;
* Overseeing complex and challenging investigations, and other programmatic and project work; and
* Leading, developing, motivating and empowering high-calibre colleagues to deliver the work.
* Proven track record in editorial decision-making in broadcasting or programme making;
* Able to take responsibility for effective and timely delivery of complex, high-quality work across the team’s remit;
* Able to pre-empt, manage and resolve risks, escalating when necessary;
* Able to produce and edit concise, high-quality, well-written drafts of documents, providing direction on style and tone and ensuring overall quality;
* Experienced and inspiring manager, with a strong track record of motivating, developing and empowering colleagues effectively and efficiently;
* Demonstrates sector and specialist knowledge, acting as an expert and thought-leader who can influence Ofcom’s thinking and direction;
* Highly analytical, and able to assimilate complex issues quickly, demonstrating command of detail and the bigger picture; and
* Able to identify and take account of strategic and other priorities, and direct resources accordingly.
Please note, this opportunity can either be based in our London or Edinburgh office.
Ofcom offers competitive salaries plus pensions and flexible benefits package.
For more information on the package or to find out more about this opportunity, please get in touch with the recruitment manager: email@example.com