CLOSING DATE: March 26, 2018
DC Thomson Media is looking for a talented, ambitious journalist to become production editor for several iconic magazines.
We need a strong communicator with excellent deadline management skills and an eye for quality control.
Liaising with editors and graphic designers, and managing a team of sub-editors, you will lead editorial production for My Weekly, The Scots Magazine, plus several additional publications.
You will assume responsibility of delivering material to our print partners, manage CMS and occasionally oversee covermount and polybag production.
With multiple deadlines each week, the successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to meet tight deadlines while maintaining the highest journalistic standards.
- To oversee quality control for multiple titles, ensuring the highest journalistic standards are met;
- To ensure proofs and electronic files are despatched in a timely and efficient manner;
- To liaise with editors, content journalists and design staff to ensure deadlines are understood and met across multiple publications;
- To liaise with DC Thomson Media Operations and Commercial colleagues, plus external stakeholders, to maintain smooth running of flatplans; and
- Contribute to generation of print and online ideas, problem solving and brand development ideas.
Skills and experience:
- Proven editorial track record;
- Experience of quality control and deadline management;
- Excellent oral/written communication, leadership and IT skills;
- Working knowledge of IPSO Code of Practice and media law; and
- Relevant degree or equivalent qualification/experience.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week, from our Meadowside office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, onsite staff gym, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
Closing date for applications is Monday, 26th March 2018.
To apply, click here.