CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2018
THE Press and Journal is looking for a talented production journalist with the ambition to become a senior sub-editor.
We want a senior journalist with a talent for page design, the ability to produce eye-catching front pages and the drive to help lead a team to greater success. With four editions each day, the successful candidate should demonstrate an ability to meet tight deadlines and have daily newspaper experience.
- To support the head of Production and deputy head of Production in their key duties
- To deputise for the head of Production, deputy head of Production and assistant head of Production when required
- To assist in ensuring templates are up to date and used effectively and efficiently
- To ensure quality standards and production benchmarks are monitored.
- To liaise with relevant Editors/desk heads in relation to the delivery of copy and liaise with other departments as appropriate
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 37.5 hours per week, working from our Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, gym discount, childcare vouchers, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.