CLOSING DATE: May 31, 2019
DC Thomson Media are looking for an experienced broadcast journalist to write, source, produce and present high-quality, daily news and sports bulletins for Wave FM which fit the contemporary sound of the station and adhere to all legal and regulatory standards.
You will also act as a radio champion within the wider editorial and multimedia teams – assisting with training, coaching and mentoring.
* Sourcing exclusive and highly-engaging news and sports stories and interviews;
* Recording and editing news and sports bulletins for broadcast on Wave FM to relevant to the station’s target audience;
* Reading live bulletins and additional content for key shows as required;
* Providing audio and video content from breaking news events, press conferences etc as required;
* Building a strong contacts book, particularly in the Dundee and Perth areas and maintain a detailed news and sports diary;
* Updating and maintaining online and social media channels; and
* Liaising with colleagues from across DCT Media’s newspaper brands to ensure collaboration (ideas, content etc) as well as commercial, marketing and other teams from across the business;
* Being an ambassador of the Wave FM and DC Thomson Media brands at events; and
* Covering early, late and weekend shifts as required.
Skills and experience:
* A journalism qualification and experience in a radio/broadcasting role;
* Confidence in conducting and editing great interviews – as well as writing attention-grabbing copy;
* Extensive knowledge of all aspects of news, sport and entertainment (local, national, international);
* Burli and/or other editing and production experience;
* The ability to work both as part of a team and independently;
* Experience creating and posting web and social media content;
* Detailed knowledge of media law and industry regulations and ethics; and
* Driving licence (desirable).
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee offices. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is Friday 31st May 2019