CLOSING DATE: June 15, 2019
Aberdeen or Dundee
ARE you the kind of person who hates seeing an apostrophe in the wrong place?
If so, you’re what we’re looking for.
Based in DC Thomson Media’s prestigious headquarters in either Dundee or Aberdeen, you will be working in a fast-paced environment dealing with the full range of DC Thomson Media’s print and digital titles.
Using InDesign and InCopy, you will:
* Craft compelling headlines, captions and story intros which grab our readers’ attention;
* Polish journalists’ work, correcting spelling and grammar, rewriting copy to ensure the text fits the space provided, is logically structured and tells the whole story;
* Ensure copy complies with legal and editorial guidelines and is factually correct, liaising with contributors as required; and
* Process a high volume of pages, accurately, to tight deadlines.
You should have:
* Exceptional written and interpersonal communication skills;
* Meticulous attention to detail;
* Editorial experience in newspapers, magazines or other publications;
* Excellent IT skills; and
* A keen interest in current affairs and be able to write about a variety of subjects from farming to fashion.
It helps if you have:
* A relevant qualification (but experience counts just as much); and
* Knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice.
We are offering:
The chance to join one of the UK’s most successful media groups with the opportunity for progression and ongoing training.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a permanent position and requires flexibility around working patterns. Applications on either a full or part-time basis are welcome. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit careers.dcthomson.co.uk
Closing date for applications is 15th June 2019.