CLOSING DATE: January 17, 2020
We are: News UK is a phenomenal company – full of talented, dedicated and creative people.
We are an ambitious and ever-growing organisation with a real passion for quality content and storytelling.
Our digital and print products include some of the most powerful media brands in the world, reaching over 30 million people each week.
Our brands include national newspapers – The Sun, The Times, and The Sunday Times and radio stations under the Wireless Group umbrella, including Scottish Sun Radio, TalkSport and Virgin Radio as well as global ad tech business Unruly and social intelligence agency Storyful.
Your role: At a time of significant digital growth and expansion for The Scottish Sun Online – Digital Team of the Year 2019 – we’re looking for a talented, highly motivated, resourceful individual, with a deep knowledge of social media platforms and current affairs to join our flourishing team at the heart of the newsroom.
Day to day you will:
● Play a key role in the ongoing development and execution of The Scottish Sun’s social media strategy;
● Curate content from across Scottish Sun Online to satisfy a diverse range of audience demographics;
● Edit and maintain The Scottish Sun’s social media channels to a high standard in close conjunction with the rest of the team;
● Contribute to The Scottish Sun’s adoption of emerging social platforms and tools, and take responsibility for the growth of The Scottish Sun’s new social channels;
● Work directly with editorial, digital, video, picture, design, commercial and marketing teams, ensuring their respective demands are met;
● As a team, ensure the newsroom has sufficient insight to produce Internet-friendly stories, and take responsibility for their subsequent distribution on social media channels; and
● Focus on targets and be clear on what is required in order to meet them.
What we’re looking for from you:
● Demonstrable in depth knowledge of social media platforms and current affairs;
● Ability to deliver work at consistently high standards whilst under pressure;
● Proactive and displays a willingness to take on any task;
● Positive attitude and good team player;
● Self-starter, organised and a good problem-solver, able to eliminate obstacles through creative and adaptive approaches;
● Can demonstrate an understanding of The Scottish Sun brand, both print and digital; and
● Able to work flexibly over a seven-day rota.
Equal opportunities: The company is an equal opportunities employer and wholeheartedly supports the principle of equal opportunities for all its employees and applicants. It opposes all forms of discrimination in the workplace.
We are a diverse team so want to maximise every individual’s potential to create a productive environment where everyone feels valued, where talents are fully recognised and utilised.
This means affording equal access to any employment opportunities within the company according to your ability, without prejudice or discrimination by reason of race, colour, nationality, ethnic or national origin, religion, belief, gender, sexual orientation, gender reassignment, marital status, disability or age.
To apply, click here.