CLOSING DATE: February 18, 2020
Dundee, Meadowside or Glasgow
The Sunday Post is one of the country’s most-loved newspaper titles and this is your chance to help to tell its stories online.
We are looking for a digital content producer to work with the Sunday Post’s talented team of writers to make the title’s award-winning journalism stand out in the busy online world.
Whether it’s writing engaging headlines, selecting the best images, shooting video or catching people’s attention with imaginative treatment on social media, you’ll be bursting with ideas on how to best present Sunday Post content on digital devices.
Your primary responsibility will be helping to prepare the team’s content for our growing online audiences. However, you will also be a confident self-starter and be ready to bring your own story ideas into the newsroom.
You will also collaborate with the digital teams serving other news titles in the DC Thomson Media portfolio.
This is a temporary position based either in Glasgow or Dundee. However, this is your opportunity to stake a claim to play a permanent role in our exciting digital plans in the years ahead.
* Proven experience of writing for online or printed publications;
* Thorough understanding of Scots law and IPSO regulations;
* Experience of web content management systems from an editor perspective;
* Experience in editing online content including text, images and video;
* Strong attention to detail;
* Experience of running a business or organisation’s social media accounts;
* Experience of working as part of a team;
* Willingness to work flexible hours, including at weekends; and
* Experience in video or specialist skills in areas such as data journalism an advantage.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
To apply, click here.
This is a full-time, temporary position, working 35 hours per week from our Dundee, Meadowside or Glasgow office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday pro rata, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
For further information, please visit dcthomson.co.uk/vacancies
Closing date for applications is Tuesday 18th February 2020.