CLOSING DATE: September 20, 2021
THE Press and Journal and Evening Express are looking for an experienced, talented and passionate journalist to join its health and wellbeing team.
This is a fixed-term position until September 2022 to cover a period of maternity leave.
The reporter will have responsibility for creating innovative, in-depth stories about health and wellbeing in the north and north-east.
A real creative and out-of-the-box thinker, they will not only be able to confidently write the latest health news from across the region, but also be able to come up with new and interesting multimedia ways to deliver it to readers online.
Not only that, but they’ll also be constantly striving to find the human stories behind the headlines, and be able to turn their hand to writing more feature driven wellbeing content.
The successful candidate also won’t be afraid of tackling complex or unspoken health topics, breaking down stigmas and raising awareness through their work.
The successful candidate must:
* Be a senior journalist, with newsroom experience, have a track record of breaking stories online and generating ideas for exclusive and engaging content;
* Have a passion for working in a fast-paced environment;
* Have a willingness to embrace new skills and tools in the digital arena such as SEO, social media, video and audio, etc;
* Ability to work in a team, collaborating on ideas and sharing responsibility for meeting newsroom targets;
* Have highly-developed communication skills;
* Detailed knowledge of the Editors’ Code of Practice, GDPR and media law; and
* Have a full driving licence.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter. Apply here.
This is a full-time, temporary position until September 2022, working 35 hours per week from our Aberdeen office. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.