CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2022
DC Thomson Media is a privately-owned family business, currently undertaking a significant transformation programme to deliver a scalable media company, driven by technology, data and talent.
People are at the heart of everything we do and building audiences into long lasting, loyal communities is a key priority over the next five years.
We have an exciting opportunity in our growing commercial content team for a skilled digital copywriter to become a digital lead within the team and support the head of Digital Delivery in our digital content strategy and growth.
The role of this team is to bring our advertising clients’ stories to life, to drive maximum engagement, optimise commercial content volume and profit, and constantly look for ways to evolve how we engage with our customer base, by sharing learnings and performance metrics.
This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working. We are flexible about your home location providing you are willing to travel to one of our local offices in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow or London.
* Be a skilled digital-first writer with a proven track record in writing for search and social;
* Responsible for overseeing all digital content, ensuring optimisation and best practices are implemented;
* To support the Commercial Content team – including working closely with and developing the digital content specialist – in continuous improvement and deliver digital training when required;
* Be able to manage and direct high-volume digital campaigns;
* To regularly update the team on changes or improvements across the wider digital landscape;
* Create and produce high-performing paid-for digital content that is hosted across our various brands;
* Focus on successes and failures and what we can learn from these, and how to make improvements for the future;
* Be obsessed with Google Analytics and delivery results – and other technology for analysing campaigns – and share any learnings or observations with the team;
* Generate exciting new ideas for digital content for clients (this could include sourcing new products to trial);
* Work closely with the wider Digital Operations team in identifying new revenue opportunities; and
* Establish and nurture a close working relationship with Editorial and Audience Development.
Knowledge, qualifications, skills and experience:
* Self-driven and highly motivated;
* Proven track record in writing for digital-first environment;
* Exceptional communication skills and writing skills;
* Strong interpersonal skills;
* Obsession with the digital landscape;
* Determination to succeed;
* A competitive streak and professional manner; and
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
Please submit as part your application your best performing digital content article,
with a short explanation of the analytics, and why you feel it performed well/is an
example of ‘good content’.
This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working. We are flexible about your home location providing you are willing to travel to one of our local offices in Aberdeen, Dundee, Glasgow or London. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.