CLOSING DATE: February 20, 2022
AN exciting opportunity has arisen for a production journalist to join the STV news team in Dundee.
You will work closely with producers, assistant producers and multimedia journalists to help shape an agenda for STV News that is compelling, engaging and distinct.
From interviews with key voices, pictures of incredible moments and clear and effective reporting on the live news agenda, this role is focused on developing and sourcing content that really connects with audiences and reflects the key issues facing Scotland.
The successful candidate will support our flagship broadcast programme and bulletins and contribute to STV News output on our digital publishing and social media channels.
The production journalist will provide content of the highest editorial and production standards and enhance the reputation of STV News.
* Provide creative editorial input to the running order of our news programmes and bulletins;
* Generate and develop ideas for stories, case studies and inventive treatments that enhance the reputation of STV News and engage our audiences;
* Research and collate material to support stories using relevant information sources;
* Enhance our locally produced content with off-diary newsgathering;
* Work on newsgathering shifts to provide both general news and specialist reports;
* Prepare scripts and packages for bulletins that adhere to broadcasting regulations and legal standards;
* Help develop STV News’ digital presence and ensure multi-platform distribution of content;
* Edit and produce of video packages to a high standard for broadcast and digital platforms;
* Conduct both live and recorded interviews as required; and
* Assist in any other aspects of the work of the company as reasonably required.
Skills and experience:
* Relevant experience working in a newsroom or journalism role, preferably in a broadcast environment;
* A detailed knowledge of Scottish news and current affairs;
* Fluent understanding of digital platforms, in particular social media;
* Experience of producing content for broadcast and digital platforms;
* A keen news sense and a passion for developing original news features and agenda-setting journalism;
* Confidence and experience in working on major stories to tight deadlines;
* Ability to remain calm, resilient, and adaptable in a dynamic live news environment;
* Strong technical skills including video editing to a high standard;
* Effective communication and interpersonal skills, and an appreciation of the importance of teamwork in a newsroom environment;
* Initiative, passion, and the drive to tell stories that connect with audiences; and
* A clean, full driving licence is desirable.
To apply, please email a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 20 February 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all.
We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Contact: Rachel Harvie