CLOSING DATE: February 22, 2022
WE are looking for two talented reporters – one full-time, the other three days per week – to join our digital team to serve STV News audiences across our web and social channels.
The focus of the role is to produce trusted and engaging stories from your own reporting and with news material gathered by colleagues in the field across Scotland. You will also have a keen eye for other news sources such as wire services and social media.
You will be an experienced digital journalist, confident in the use of text, video, photos, and graphics to create engaging and accessible articles. A basic knowledge of SEO techniques, digital publishing best practice and social media distribution is desirable but no substitute for great ideas and reporting nous.
We’re looking for someone who is passionate about news and current affairs, excited about digital opportunities and comfortable with the pace of newsroom change.
STV News is built on teamwork, and you will need to establish strong and effective relationships with colleagues to help deliver Scotland’s most engaging, trusted, and accessible news service.
- Strong understanding of what audiences want from news on digital and social media channels;
- Detailed knowledge of Scottish news, politics, current affairs, and social trends;
- Practical experience on working in a high volume, fast-paced daily news environment;
- Digital publishing experience including working with content management systems, social media dashboards, real-time analytics, and SEO;
- Confidence in using digital storytelling techniques to create compelling articles with text, photos, graphics, and video across a variety of channels;
- Basic knowledge of video editing with Adobe Premiere; and
- Core reporting skills, sound editorial judgement and an awareness of legal, ethical, and regulatory considerations.
Skills and experience:
- A sound understanding of legal, ethical, and regulatory considerations;
- Strong editorial judgement;
- Team worker with a collaborative mindset and good communication skills;
- Resilient and enthusiastic in the face of regular change;
- Passionate and informed about journalism and industry trends; and
- Creative, confident, and committed to getting the job done.
This role will involve working a combination of shifts as well as weekends.
There are plenty of reasons why it’s great to work at STV. Here are just a few of the perks for you;
- 25 days paid annual leave and nine public holidays per annum;
- An extra day’s holiday on your birthday;
- Healthcare cash plan providing Company contributions towards dental, optical, wellbeing or other healthcare costs;
- Company pension contribution;
- Cycle to work scheme;
- Season ticket travel loan;
- On-site occupational health service; and
- Flexible benefits portal providing a range of retail and gym discounts.
To apply please send a full CV and cover letter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 22 February 2022
STV is committed to increasing the diversity of its workforce and to equality of opportunity for all. We encourage applications from candidates currently under-represented in our industry, so we are keen to hear from people from ethnically diverse backgrounds, disabled and/or neuro diverse people and those from a lower socio-economic background.
As a Disability Confident employer, we are committed to offering an interview to disabled candidates who meet the minimum criteria for the role.
Contact: Rachel Harvie