CLOSING DATE: February 21, 2022
THE People’s Friend is recognised as the longest-running women’s magazine in the world – and you could be part of its future success!
An opportunity has arisen for a talented digital content editor to join the team that produces The People’s Friend.
This is a full-time permanent position, working closely with the editorial team to write, produce and edit content for the magazine’s website, social media channels and newsletter, as well as creating future episodes of the award-winning podcast, Reading Between The Lines.
Reporting to the editorial director, you will be responsible for planning, creating and editing online articles and social media posts in line with brand values.
The successful candidate will be based in the editorial team and will work closely with commercial colleagues to help the title grow its digital audience and revenues. You will use digital channels to promote the print magazine, subscriptions and brand extensions, and employ analytical tools to measure success and inform future planning. You will also have responsibility for scripting, recording, producing and editing regular podcast episodes.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record in digital journalism and the ability to create compelling, readable content in line with the values of this successful magazine brand. You will also have a clear commercial focus on how to maximise the revenue potential of the title’s digital channels.
An excellent command of written English, an awareness of copyright law and the ability to meet tight deadlines are essential to this role. Good communication skills and experience in leading a team are also desirable. You should be a team player, working closely with editorial and commercial colleagues to deliver outstanding results.
This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working with a requirement to attend our office in Dundee one day per week.
- Writing, editing and scheduling compelling, engaging online content that aligns with the title’s brand values and style guide;
- Managing the title’s social media channels;
- Overseeing all aspects of podcast production, including recording and editing;
- Promoting the print title and brand extensions online;
- Working closely with the Editorial Director to shape digital strategy;
- Identifying new opportunities and developing fresh ideas; and
- Liaising with the commercial teams to increase revenues.
Knowledge, skills, qualifications and experience:
- A relevant degree or equivalent experience in journalism/multimedia/communications or similar;
- Meticulous attention to detail;
- Excellent oral/written communication, interpersonal and IT skills;
- Experience in writing and editing online content including text, images, audio and video; and
- Awareness of copyright law and Codes of Practice.
To apply for this role, please follow our online application process and submit a CV and cover letter.
This is a full-time, permanent position, working 35 hours per week. This is a hybrid flexible role offering a blend of home and office working with a requirement to attend our office in Dundee one day per week. We offer a generous package including 34 days holiday, health cash plan, on-site staff gym, excellent pension, a competitive salary, and many more staff discounts and benefits.
We are an equal opportunity employer and encourage applications from everyone and do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristics.
If you have any issues with your application, please email email@example.com
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy early once we have received suitable applications. Therefore, please ensure you submit your application as early as possible to avoid disappointment.