CLOSING DATE: July 29, 2013
NORTH Ayrshire Council is seeking a communications office, to develop and deliver a professional and effective media and internal communications service.
KEY TASKS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* To manage/deliver the Service in accordance with the Council’s corporate policies and procedures and relevant strategy provision;
* To manage/deliver the service outcomes, in the most efficient and effective way, that delivers the Council’s corporate objectives, Council Plan and contributes to the production of Service Plans;
* To manage and monitor Capital and Revenue budgets as assigned and contribute to budget development;
* To lead, or contribute to, the preparation of cross-service business development plans, as required;
* To ensure the effective management and leadership of employees, where appropriate;
* To prepare and co-ordinate reports for the Council, its Committees or working parties and to attend these meetings as required; and
* To undertake any other reasonably required duties as instructed by Management or someone acting on their behalf, in addition to the role specific tasks and responsibilities detailed below.
Role-Specific Tasks and Responsibilities
* Provide proactive and reactive support and advice on media relations, including working with Services to respond to incoming media inquiries and identify proactive media opportunities;
* Source, collate and write communications materials for internal and external use, including working with Services to identify, research, write and issue proactive/positive articles; and
* Implement and deliver internal communications processes and procedures, including the introduction of Team Briefing, staff newsletter and email alerts.
* Assist with the development and delivery of the Council’s Digital Engagement Strategy, including contributing posts and updates and monitoring audience penetration/reaction;
* Develop and deliver communications plans for individual services/projects to improve awareness of the Council’s objectives, ambitions, challenges and performance;
* Contribute to the implementation of the Council’s Communications Strategy;
* Assist with the development and continuous improvement of relations with local and national media;
* Anticipate factors which may impact on the Council’s reputation and advise Elected Members and Senior Officers accordingly;
* Work collaboratively with colleagues across the Council to co-ordinate all media and internal communications activity to provide a more strategic, integrated and consistent approach to communications;
* Build strong relationships with internal and external stakeholders;
* Contribute to the key role played by the Communications Team in response to emergency planning and/or major incidents;
* Contribute to the out of hours media service provided by the Communications Team;
* Ensure adherence to communications protocols;
* Work to strict deadlines and manage a portfolio of work to assist your line manager (Senior Communications Officer Media and Internal Communications) and other colleagues on projects;
* Assist in monitoring media and internal communications budgets; and
* Assist in monitoring and evaluating effectiveness of media and internal communications service.
To apply for this vacancy, please go to www.north-ayrshire.gov.uk and follow the link to job vacancies.