CLOSING DATE: January 31, 2014
WE’RE looking for someone to help co-ordinate and develop the communications work of our headquarters staff and volunteer team. Want to give something back to the community? As Scottish headquarters commissioner (communications) you will support and develop the communications of Scottish Scouting.
The Scottish headquarters commissioner (communications) is a key role which provides support and strategic development to the communications agenda of Scottish Scouting.
As a key member of the Scottish headquarters team, you will be responsible for:
* Developing Scouting in Scotland
* Providing proactive leadership to Scouting in Scotland
* Actively promoting delivery of good quality Scouting to young people
* Promoting and maintaining the policies of The Scout Association
* Positively managing and supporting adults, defining roles and responsibilities
* Actively promoting the implementation of policies agreed by the Scottish board and its committees
* Attending conferences and events as appropriate
* Representing The Scout Association and the Chief Commissioner at Scout and public events
To apply or nominate someone for this position, please fill out the Volunteer Vacancy Pack. Applications should be returned to Graeme Luke at Scottish Headquarters by email (email@example.com) or by post to:
The Scottish Council The Scout Association
Fordell Firs, Hillend, Dunfermline
Contact: Graeme Luke