CLOSING DATE: July 27, 2014
ICAS is a leading accountancy body with global reach and influence. A major programme of digital transformation is under way which will establish ICAS as a globally-connected organisation.
The development and delivery of high-impact content on ICAS digital platforms (web, social, email and multimedia) forms a key part of this vision and an experienced, highly-skilled and technically competent content editor is required to drive this activity forward.
The senior digital editor will play a central role within the newly established ICAS editorial team and will support the team and colleagues across the organisation in the production of content which aligns with ICAS digital objectives, best practice and style/brand guidelines.
Working with the head of Editorial, the senior digital editor will manage daily content activity and production processes through the established ICAS editorial calendar, and in collaboration with colleagues on the ICAS editorial steering group. Alongside this, the post holder will play an important role in the delivery of digital content training for colleagues.
The successful candidate will also assist the head of Editorial on all media and communications activity and experience in this area would be an advantage.
- A leader and influencer who works in a mid to senior level editorial or content production environment, and is a confident and competent decision maker.
- Strong editorial judgement, and skilled in authoring/editing/publishing content across digital channels.
- Customer/audience-focused, and committed to delivering to consistently high standards.
- Ability to deputise and support the head of Editorial in developing content capability, through day-to-day activity and in the evolution of strategy, processes and training.
- Support the head of Editorial in media and public relations activity.
This is a hands-on and enabling role, in a busy and challenging editorial environment and requires high standards of leadership and ability. ICAS is looking for an experienced individual who has demonstrated success and effectiveness in managing media and multimedia content production. A background in journalism or a similar discipline would be preferable and you must demonstrate high levels of competency in the use of digital channels and media management.
To apply for this role please forward your CV together with details of your current salary and a covering letter outlining why you believe your skills and experience make you the ideal candidate for the role to HR Department at CA House, 21 Haymarket Yards, Edinburgh, EH12 5BH or HR@icas.org.uk. Closing date for applications is 27 July 2014. Interviews will be held week commencing 11 August 2014.
No recruitment agencies please
Contact: Lynsey Watson