WITH just a few weeks until Christmas, the festive panic is starting to kick in.
Catherine Gee, one of the organisers of the Country Living Magazine Christmas Fair, which is at the SECC 19 – 22 Novembers, shares her top tips for a stress-free merry Christmas…
- Start early so that you are organised in advance and can enjoy the festive build-up.
- Choosing gifts can be one of the most enjoyable bits of Christmas, so give yourself lots of time – sit down with a cup of tea and make a list of everyone and what they might like. Don’t stress about finding the perfect present – often something quirky, unexpected or homemade can bring the most pleasure.
- The best gifts are often unique – either make items yourself or if you don’t have time (let’s be honest here, how many of us do?) then buying from designer-makers who have one-off items is the next best thing.
- Treat yourself to a visit to Country Living Magazine Christmas Fair where you can get all your shopping done in one fell swoop and enjoy a glass of champagne along the way!
- Buy local and enjoy sampling new tastes from smaller artisan producers. Order your big items in good time and then shop locally before the big day to stock up on fresh, local produce.
- Do as much food preparation as you can and either freeze or chill it so it’s just last-minute bits to do on the day – and get everyone to help!! No sloping off with the giant crossword if there are still sprouts to peel…
- At the Fair, you’ll find some great food producers where you can stock the fridge full of unusual cheeses from Truckle Cheese or Nibble Nose Cheese, cold meats and treats from Seriously Good Venison and Galloway Chillies, chocolates from Sciolti or Berry Scrumptious and don’t forget some tempting tipples including Edinburgh’s Christmas Gin and Limoncello from Berry Good . All ideal to keep impromptu guests merry.
- Enjoy setting the Christmas Day table if you are the host – having a sparkly, pretty table really sets the scene for the Christmas meal and makes it seem extra special. If you are able to, set the table the day before so you have plenty of time and can enjoy it. You’ll get lots of inspiration from the workshops at The Fair
- On Christmas morning, start the big day with a brisk frosty walk followed by a glass of fizz! And finally, don’t forget to switch the oven on!
The Country Living Magazine Christmas Fair is at the SECC, Glasgow on 19 – 22 November 2015.
Over 300 of the UK’s finest craftsmen and women will get together under one roof to offer unique gifts, decorations, crafts, food and inspired interior ideas, to help bring that magical Christmas sparkle to every home.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Headline PR. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Headline PR contact details…
Contact: Jill Creighton