MUCKMEDDEN Events, organisers of fun-packed, family-friendly bike events in Scotland, have announced their events schedule for 2016.
The mountain bike events include the return of the Cream o’ the Croft Bike Festival in June; the Forfar Funduro, centrepiece of The Angus Cycling Festival, in September; the Halloween fancy dress themed Fair City Enduro in October; and the day and night Funduro at Callendar Estate, Falkirk, in November.
- Friday 17 – Sunday 19 June – Cream o’ the Croft Bike Festival, Comrie Croft trail network, Perthshire
- Saturday 17 September – Forfar Funduro, Reid Park, Forfar – Multi-stage Enduro with Dual Slalom spectator stage – Angus Cycling Festival, Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 September
- 22 October – Fair City Enduro, South Inch, Perth – A city based Enduro with Halloween themed fancy dress
- 26 November – Falkirk Funduro, Callendar Estate, Falkirk – A day and a night Enduro
For more details on the Muckmedden Events 2016 schedule – see notes to editors or go to http://www.muckmedden.co.uk/
The 2016 events are aimed at both families and individuals who want to ride their bikes, with a wee bit of a competitive edge, whilst celebrating all things two wheeled.
Aaron Gray, of Muckmedden Events, said: “2015 has been such an amazing year for us, with so many riders trying our events for the first time and keen to come back for more.
“We strive to put on great family-friendly events rather than just a bike race and the extra touches such as spectator stages, kids races and undercover seating areas seem to be appreciated by the riders and their families.
“Everyone from toddlers to World Enduro riders have enjoyed our Muckin’ Good Events over the years and we can’t wait to welcome riders, spectators and enthusiastic supporters in 2016.
“But remember to book early to avoid disappointment as most of our 2015 events sold out fast!”
Muckmedden Events know how to put the fun into fat tyre events. The races are perfectly pitched for the novice rider yet every course has stages to test the more seasoned weekend warriors taking part. There are always lots of activities and attractions laid on at the events to keep spectators and enthusiastic supporters of all ages entertained.
Aaron added: “The feedback from this year’s events has been outstanding and we’re delighted all the hard work has paid off, but with some great ideas bubbling away for next year’s events I’m confident 2016 will be even better!”
For downloadable images of all the Muckmedden Events go to: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/4n3eep8ynjrmw9a/AAD5kIakhQbD_te-NERayVnda?dl=0
For interviews and images contact: Paddy Cuthbert | Littlehouse Media | E: firstname.lastname@example.org | M: +44 (0)7913 951717
Notes to editors:
The Muckmedden Events 2016 programme
“Great trails and a fantastic atmosphere, Muckmedden know how to throw a party!” – Enduro MTB Magazine
Cream o’ the Croft Bike Festival, Comrie Croft trail network, Perthshire – Friday 17 – Sunday 19 June 2016
- Celebrate Comrie Croft Bikes’ tenth anniversary with an action-packed weekend of fun-filled family entertainment, both on and off the bike.
- The grin enducing mash up Enduro will be the main focus of the weekend with classes for ages 14 to 50+. Timed stages ranging from bike park skills and a cross-country sprint to dual slalom, a hill climb and red and black downhill sections will find the true all rounder, the ‘Cream o’ the trails network’. For 2016 the Under 14’s ‘Mini-Enduro’ on Sunday will be a miniature version of the main race with chip-timing.
- Earlybird tickets (20 per cent saving) from 18th Dec until Feb 1st – see website for details
- Family Tickets and multi-ticket discounts will also be available as well as accommodation upgrades to Nordic Katas and Hostel rooms.
- A free bus service (capable of carrying bikes) will pick festival goers up from some of Scotland’s major cities (TBC).
- Even more family-friendly attractions, kids races, bike tests, film screenings, live bands, street performers and mini-shows in the 2016 line up.
- ‘Scotland’s Mountain Bike Festival’
Forfar Funduro, Reid Park, Forfar – Saturday 17 September 2016
The centrepiece of The Angus Cycling Festival – Saturday 17 – Sunday 18 September
- “Simply outrageous fun!” – Enduro MTB Magazine
- Now in its third year
- Voted one of the best courses in Scotland in Muckmedden’s recent rider survey
- Rider numbers doubled from 2014 to 2015 and look set to rise significantly further in 2016.
- Angus Cycling Festival also features the Big Tree Campervans Youth MTB Series and the National Scottish Cross Country Mountain Bike Championships.
Fair City Enduro, South Inch, Perth – 22 October 2016
- The sell-out event returns for a fourth successive year
- City centre based event village featuring family-friendly facilities, bike tracks, demo bikes and activities.
- Halloween fancy dress theme
- The event is supported by Scottish Power Mini-Downhill Series on the 23 October
Falkirk Funduro, Callendar Estate, Falkirk – 26 November 2016
- Day & Night Funduro returns to 17km trail network of The Callendar Estate, Falkirk, for a second outing after entries sold out extremely fast in 2015.
- 350+ riders ranging from under 3’s and up in 2015
- After the success of the inaugural event Bespoke Community Development Company are now looking to extend the Callendar Estate trails network in time for the 2016 Funduro.
- “Another amazing Muckmedden event! It was epic racing the stages in the dark!” – Neil Macdonald (2015 entrant)
For info on Muckmedden Events – http://www.muckmedden.co.uk/
Sponsors of Muckmedden include:
Alpine Bikes – http://www.alpinebikes.com/
Perthshire Flooring – http://perthshireflooring.co.uk/
Alechemy Brewing – http://alechemybrewing.com/
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Littlehouse Media.You too can post media releases on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/nonstopstories for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too www.twitter.com/allSportsPR.
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Littlehouse Media contact details…
Contact: Paddy Cuthbert