Three-day seminar with Colin Tudge, 29 April – 2 May 2016
The Chisholme Institute: Scottish Borders
RENOWNED biologist and science writer, Colin Tudge, will set out his case for nothing short of an ‘agrarian revolution’, when he scrutinises and debates what he sees as the day-to-day realities of food and farming, as part of his ongoing ‘Campaign for Real Farming’.
From 29 April – 2 May, in a challenging three-day seminar at The Chisholme Institute in the Scottish Borders, Colin will focus on many of the very serious challenges currently facing farmers in today’s global context.
• Colin Tudge will highlight the need for sustainable ‘enlightened agriculture’ – a complete re-think of the economics, the politics, the science, the scale and the technology behind current farming practices and who controls them.
• He will pose moral and practical questions, inviting discussion and debate on exactly what farmers really think they should be doing and why, while examining the vital role of low-input mixed farms.
• He will explain why farming should draw on the wisdom of the great spiritual traditions to ensure an indefinite future for the human race.
Location and costs (booking essential):
The Chisholme Institute, with its ethos of integrated spirituality, its organic garden, surrounding farmland and tradition of good food, offers an ideal setting for this seminar.
Cost: £160 including full board and lodging for three nights.
Notes for editors:
Colin Tudge’s latest book: Six Steps Back to the Land – out now.
Colin Tudge coined the expression, ‘Enlightened Agriculture’, to describe agriculture that is “expressly designed to provide everyone, everywhere, with food of the highest standard, nutritionally and gastronomically, without wrecking the rest of the world”.
In Six Steps Back to the Land, he explains how we can achieve that, and have truly sustainable, resilient and productive farms:
• Why we need to rethink our approach to farming
• How we can move to low-input mixed farms
• Tightly-integrated farms employ many skilled people
• Dealing with the practicalities of this form of farming in today’s world
• How we can get involved
Six Steps will inspire anyone to take an interest in our food chain and make a difference.
His earlier books include: Why Genes are Not Selfish and People are Nice; Good Food for Everyone Forever; The Secret Life of Trees; The Secret Life of Birds
The Chisholme Institute: www.chisholme.org
The Chisholme Institute is a retreat centre and school for self-knowledge, firmly rooted in the principle of unity that lies at the heart of all wisdom traditions. A beautiful, new solitary retreat facility is now available for visitors to use while a range of courses further enhances the scope of all that Chisholme offers.
‘Chisholme” is open throughout the year.
Courses range in length from a weekend to six months. The educational context is continuous and designed to address body, mind and spirit in a balanced and integrated way.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Carol Carr PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/newsdipper for your very own media releases feed…
To catch up on all the media releases recently posted on to allmediascotland.com, you need only click the link icon that you see towards the bottom right of our two media release ‘gateway boxes’.
Carol Carr PR contact details…