THE Marketing Society Scotland has announced the winners of this year’s much-anticipated Marketing Society Star Awards, which were held in Glasgow’s SWG3 last night.
Hosted by comedian, Susan Calman, and attended by over 500 talented marketing individuals and guests, over 30 awards were presented throughout the evening which included a sit-downgGala dinner.
Celebrating the very best in Scottish marketing talent, Star winners included:
- Marketing Star of the Year, Pauline Aylesbury, The Scottish Government
– Star Agency of The Year, The Union
– Star Marketing Team of the Year, VELUX
– Agency Star of the Year, David Craik, Bright Signals
Graeme Atha, director of The Marketing Society, said: “We were hugely impressed by the quality and strength of this year’s entries and I would like to offer my sincere congratulations to the winners, all of whom should be very proud of what they have achieved.
“Scotland’s creative and marketing sector is booming and it is important that individuals, companies, and campaigns are celebrated for the great work they do as the sector continues to strengthen and grow.”
The Marketing Society Star Awards are a key indication of the perceived impact of the sector in Scotland.
Nine in ten (89 per cent) of respondents from a review of the awards – carried out by Juniper Research – said the awards play an important role in helping build a world-leading marketing community.
Another recent study conducted by SMG Insight and YouGov showed that 38 per cent of Scots regard marketing as an important driving factor in business success – well above sales (34 per cent), accounting (18 per cent), HR (13.5 per cent) and law (12 per cent).
More information about entering the Marketing Society Star Awards can be found on the website:http://starawards.marketingsociety.com/
Distributed on behalf of the Marketing Society by the BIG Partnership. For media inquiries, please email@example.com
Notes to editors:
Full list of winners:
• Star Marketing Student, Kieran Skelton, University of Stirling
• Star Creative Student Sarah Mary Macrae, Edinburgh College
• Rising Agency Star, Caroline Smith, Signal
• Rising Creative Star, Jed Case and Rory Imlach, The Union
• Rising Marketing Star, Peter Sanchez, Tesco Bank
• Brand Development, Pickering’s Gin, The #Ginbaubles that Stole Christmas
• International Marketing, Edrington, The Macallan Double Cask
• Integrated Marketing, The Leith Agency and The Scottish Government, Everybody Can Save A Life
• Marketing Planning – Resources, Research & Insights, The Leith Agency and The Scottish Government, How Insight Helped Inform The Public About Child Sexual Exploitation
• Digital Strategy, Bright Signals and Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Tennent’s Lager Digital Strategy 2016
• Marketing in Society, Including Not For Profit, Charity & Cause-Related, The Leith Agency and The Scottish Government, More Than A Movie: How Scotland Helped Save The World
• Advertising, The Leith Agency and The Scottish Government, Child Sexual Exploitation: Raising Awareness of An Invidious Crime
• Brand Experience, Including Sponsorship & Event Marketing, APS Group and National Library of Scotland, Revealing Scotland’s Cultural History of Disease, Darkness & Death
• Design D8 and Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Fresh fizz for a market leader – T bar fount
• Digital Communication, Bright Signals and Tennent Caledonian Breweries, Tennent’s Lager Digital 2016
• Public Relations, Frame and Social Bite, Social Bite’s Difficult Second Album
• Media, Republic of Media and Food Standards Scotland, Why did the chicken fail to ruin summer?
• Financial & Professional Services, The Leith Agency and The Royal Bank of Scotland, Becoming The Royal Bank For Scotland
• Food & Drink, The Union and Food Standards Scotland, How some fowl play got Scotland barbecuing safely
• Public Sector, Studio Something and See Me, It’s Okay To Not Be Okay
• Tourism, Leisure & Sport, The Union and VisitScotland, Taking Scotland’s spirit to the world
• Retail, Story UK and VELUX, Seeing VELUX in a brand new light
• Tech Sector, The Union and Skyscanner, Taking a journey into code
• Chairman’s Award – FTE Agency, APS Group
• Chairman’s Award – FTE Client, National Library of Scotland
• Chairman’s Award – SME Agency, PUNK Creative
• Chairman’s Award – SME Client, Macsween
• Star Agency of The Year, The Union
• Star Marketing Team of the Year, VELUX
• Agency Star of the Year, David Craik, Bright Signals
• Marketing Star of the Year, Pauline Aylesbury, The Scottish Government
MEDIA RELEASE issued by The BIG Partnership. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
The BIG Partnership contact details…
Contact: Jamie Barclay