SCOTLAND’S most innovative and entrepreneurial students will benefit from a new sponsorship deal between leading law firm, Morton Fraser, and Scottish Institute for Enterprise (SIE).
SIE’s business and Innovation Team works closely with students and new graduates in Scotland’s universities and colleges who are committed to developing strong and sustainable businesses. Identifying when entrepreneurs need professional advice and supporting them through this is a key focus for the team.
CEO, Fiona Godsman, explained: “It is essential that new businesses are given the best professional advice at an early stage allowing them to make informed decisions along the way. It is all part of the team’s focus to turn good ideas into great businesses. Early intervention can also prevent costly mistakes.”
Austin Flynn, partner and head of the Corporate Division at Morton Fraser, added: “We believe that investing in Scotland’s future innovators is the best way to foster new business talent. That is why we’re delighted to be working with SIE to provide free legal support. Our expertise in helping high growth entrepreneurial start-ups helps to ensure that Scotland’s entrepreneurs set off on the right business footing.”
SIE has already enjoyed a long association with Marks & Clerk, patent attorneys, supporting students with IP related advice. This new sponsorship arrangement will further enhance SIE’s Innovation Fund which manages both in-kind and financial support in selected cases.
Notes to editors:
- Morton Fraser is a top ten, full-service independent Scottish Law firm. It operates from offices in Edinburgh and Glasgow, employing over 270 people. It has links internationally to a further 160 law firms around the world.
- Morton Fraser’s breadth of clients cover the public sector, businesses and private clients and include The Scottish Government, Heathrow Airport Holdings, Diageo, Royal Mail Group, The Ministry of Defence, Transport Scotland, Tesco and Scottish Canals.
- Please go to www.morton-fraser.com for more information on Morton Fraser’s approach, products and services.
- Since 2000, the Scottish Institute for Enterprise has championed entrepreneurship with a Scotland-wide programme of activities to complement and support student enterprise and innovation in universities and colleges. SIE plays a vital role in the entrepreneurial ecosystem, identifying and supporting ideas at an early stage and ensuring they receive the assistance and encouragement they need to continue to develop and thrive.
- Many of Scotland’s biggest recent success stories came out of early work with SIE, such as Snap40 and Pick Protection, and in the last year alone, SIE alumni have secured over £6.5 million in funding and additional awards. SIE is supported by the Scottish Funding Council and is part of the Scotland CAN DO framework.
- For more information about SIE, go to: www.sie.ac.uk.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by SIE. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allLegalPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SIE contact details…