The NUJ Scotland has places available on the following courses running in Glasgow in February…
InDesign February 5 Cost: no charge, as being funded by Scottish Union Learning fund
This course covers the fundamentals of InDesign applied to newspaper and magazine production – the artistic and typographic principles of page design and layout are outwith its scope.
* Moving around within text, keyboard shortcuts, drawing picture and text boxes, colouring boxes, backgrounds, texts and frames.
* Indenting, modifying text and creating style sheets.
* White (or tints) on black, tracking, kerning, baseline shift and using all the major tools within the software to enhance stories on the page.
* Wraprounds, linking columns, drop caps, shadows and other text manipulation techniques.
* Getting pictures, sizing them, fitting them in frame, cropping, etc.
* Creating master pages, templates and libraries.
Scriptwriting February 8 Cost: £95.00 for NUJ members
This one-day course will provide a detailed introduction to writing for television drama. It will provide an outline, focus and the tools necessary for you to take your script to screen.
* Developing plots
* Marketing your work for broadcast
To book a place, contact Joan Macdonald, training manager, NUJ Scotland 0141 251 0363 email: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE issued by NUJ Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
NUJ Scotland contact details…
Contact: Joan Macdonald