Leading ladies from Scotland’s coffee industry collaborate
on a limited-edition ‘Three Roasters’ gift set for women’s rights charity
CHRISTMAS is a time to come together, to toast a great year, and to give a little something back.
Ticking all the boxes, the founders of three of Scotland’s most exciting independent coffee roasters have joined forces to create an unique gift set, with a portion of the proceeds going directly to The Circle, a charity dedicated to empowering women right across the world.
The Three Roasters Christmas Collaboration gift set is all down to Lisa Lawson of Dear Green, Fiona Grant of Glen Lyon, and Catherine Franks of Steampunk coffee roasters – all of whom have been roasting specialty coffee in different corners of Scotland for many years, but who were brought together by a shared love of coffee, a passion for seasonality, and a commitment to ethical sourcing.
Each limited-edition gift set contains three delicious seasonal coffees from three different coffee growing regions, including Rwanda, El Tumba, Washing Station Coffee by Dear Green; Guatemala, San Pedro, Smallholders Coffee by Glen Lyon; and Peru, El Shimir Coffee by Steampunk.
Crucially, each specialty-grade coffee featured in the gift set is ethically-sourced and fully traceable, and the sets come complete with information about the coffee producers and roasters.
All are beautifully presented in reusable and fully recyclable packaging. Plus, ten per cent of all sales will go directly to The Circle, a charity founded by Annie Lennox in 2008, inspired by the notion that, when women come together, they can be a powerful force for change.
With that in mind, Catherine Franks commented: “We’re taking a fresh approach and working together, rather than in competition. We all care passionately about the quality of our coffee but also how people are treated – both at the coffee producing end and in our own communities. I feel lucky to be running a female-led business here in Scotland alongside these inspirational coffee women.”
Fiona Grant added: “This project helps foster a spirit of collaboration in Scotland’s speciality coffee industry and we’re excited to be part of it.”
Finally, Lisa Lawson noted: “It’s fantastic to see a change in consumer attitudes in recent years, with more and more people understanding the importance of ethical practices that extend throughout the product journey. So we’re confident our responsibly sourced coffee gift set will prove to be a big hit this Christmas, not just because each coffee tastes amazing, but because of what the gift set stands for.”
Order one today, share the gift of great tasting coffee, support a trio of independent Scottish businesses, and help the fight for equal rights and opportunities for women everywhere.
- The limited-edition Three Roasters Christmas Collaboration gift sets cost £25 and are available to buy from www.deargreencoffee.com, www.glenlyoncoffee.co.uk, and www.steampunkcoffee.co.uk.
- Each gift set contains; 85g Rwanda, El Tumba, Washing Station Coffee by Dear Green; 85g Guatemala, San Pedro, Smallholders Coffee by Glen Lyon; and 85g Peru, El Shimir Coffee by Steampunk.
- All coffee is provided as whole bean.
- All packaging is reusable and recyclable.
- Free UK shipping: Last orders Sunday 15th December, dispatched week commencing Monday 16th December.
- Ten per cent of sales will be donated to The Circle
Notes for editors:
- Dear Green Coffee Roasters was founded in 2011 by Lisa Lawson, the name inspired by her home city of Glasgow, also known as ‘The Dear Green Place’. A former chef, Lisa found her passion for speciality coffee whilst on a working holiday in Australia where she learned the ins and outs of coffee roasting. On her return to the UK, she founded Dear Green, followed by the Glasgow Coffee Festival to showcase the growing specialty coffee culture in Scotland. For more information, head to deargreencoffee.com.
- Glen Lyon Coffee Roasters was established in 2011 at the top of Glenlyon, one of the most beautiful glens in the Scottish Highlands. After several winters spent digging lorry deliveries out of snowdrifts on their single-track road, they moved the roastery to Aberfeldy on the banks of the River Tay. Here, they roast some of the world’s finest beans with a team of six and a gang of lovely dogs. For more information, head to www.glenlyoncoffee.co.uk.
- Steampunk Coffee Roasters prides itself on roasting only fully traceable and responsibly-sourced coffees. It offers a warm and welcoming space and aims to foster a real sense of community through events that bring people together. For more information, head to www.steampunkcoffee.co.uk.
- The Circle, founded by Annie Lennox in 2008, is an organisation of women working together to achieve equality for women and girls in a fairer world. For more information, head to www.thecircle.ngo.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by McCosh Communications. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
McCosh Communications contact details…