THE Celtic Media Festival today announced a special online broadcast of its annual Torc Awards for Excellence.
The 2020 Celtic Media Festival was due to take place in Quimper, France, from the 4th-6th of June, but, in line with current restrictions, the event’s ceremonial centrepiece is going virtual. The coveted Torc Awards will be announced live on the Celtic Media Festival Facebook page on Thursday June 11 at 8.05pm.
Celtic Media Festival director, Catriona Logan, says: “We know how disappointed we and you are that the 2020 festival has been cancelled. But before we went into lockdown our juries had begun viewing shortlisted programmes and fortunately technology has allowed us to continue with the judging process for these much-sought-after industry awards.
“We hope everyone will join us online on June 11 to celebrate some amazing work from the Celtic nations and regions, and beyond, over the past year.”
Join us at 8.05pm on June 11 at https://www.facebook.com/celticmediafestival/.
The 2021 Celtic Media Festival will take place in Quimper in Britanny, France, in April.
Notes for editors:
ABOUT THE CELTIC MEDIA FESTIVAL
* Celtic Media Festival Torc Awards for Excellence will take place on Facebook Live at 8.05pm on Thursday 11th of June.
* Nominees for the 2020 awards can be found at www.celticmediafestival.co.uk/nominees
* The Celtic Media Festival is support by broadcast, film, cultural and economic development organisations throughout the Celtic countries
* Categories include Factual Series, Arts, Drama Series, Sport, Current Affairs, Best App and Radio Station of the Year. For further details, please see www.celticmediafestival.co.uk
* For more details on the history of the festival, award categories and delegate
registration, please visit www.celticmediafestival.co.uk
* The festival is core funded by: BBC Wales, BBC Northern Ireland, RTÉ, TG4, MG ALBA, Northern Ireland Screen, BBC Scotland, S4C, Television de Galicia,
* Festival sponsors for 2020 are: Broadcasting Authority of Ireland and Creative Scotland.
* For more info, email firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Celtic Media Festival. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allMediaNews.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Celtic Media Festival contact details…
Contact: Celtic Media Awards