THE Supplier Development Programme (SDP) will hold the third annual ‘Meet the Buyer North’ event on Wednesday, 2 September – as a fully virtual, online event.
Partnered by the Scottish Government, this unique event allows local businesses to connect with the public sector in the Grampian area, Highlands and Islands, Fife and Tayside.
The Meet the Buyer North 2020: Live Virtual Event is an unique opportunity for businesses to spend one day – or part of one day – to meet buyers, such as procurement officers from local authorities and other public organisations, in an alternative format, as a virtual event, to support efforts towards economic recovery from the COVID-19 crisis whilst complying with on-going restrictions on face-to-face gatherings in Scotland.
This online event eliminates costly travel time and brings buyers from Scotland and the UK’s public sector, private contractors with supply chain opportunities, and business support providers, together to engage with businesses of all sizes.
More than 1,000 suppliers have registered to attend the virtual Meet the Buyer North event so far. In addition to virtual exhibitions from the Scottish Government, confirmed buyers include Aberdeen City, Aberdeenshire, Fife, Highland, Moray and Shetland Islands Councils.
Exhibitors of note also include the Scottish Environment Protection Agency (SEPA), Highlands and Islands Enterprise, the Scottish Procurement Alliance and SELECT, the trade association for electricians.
The virtual event is free to attend, and businesses must register for a free account on the Supplier Development Programme website in advance.
Notes for editors:
- SDP is a publicly-funded partnership led by Local Authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender ready for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £11billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- A list of confirmed exhibitors is updated daily, and can be viewed on the SDP website.
- Businesses can watch a short video to learn more about what to expect from the online portal for the Meet the Buyer 2020: Live Virtual Event in advance of 2 September.
- Visit sdpscotland.co.uk, for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Supplier Development Programme. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SDP contact details…
Contact: Jennifer Payne