THE Supplier Development Programme (SDP) has welcomed its newest corporate member, Robertson Facilities Management.
Robertson Facilities Management enters into a new partnership with Supplier Development Programme to connect with more than 17,000 registered micro, small, medium and supported businesses in Scotland for upcoming supply chain opportunities.
Robertson will open the Community Wealth Building stage and exhibit at the 2021 Meet the Buyer: Live Virtual Event on 8 June.
Robertson will speak on the theme of community wealth building with its supply chain. There are currently more than 1,300 suppliers registered to attend the virtual event.
Gillian Cameron, Supplier Development Programme manager, said:
“This partnership is great news for local suppliers across Scotland. Membership of the Supplier Development Programme gives Robertson Facilities Management the fast track to early market engagement for the public sector contracts they are delivering, including opening up the supply chain. This is exactly the kind of leadership and good practice Scotland’s 32 local authorities are looking for in Tier 1 contractors.”
Shona Dunsmore, Robertson FM Business Development director, said:
“Robertson Facilities Management is passionate about supporting the communities in which we work. Joining the Supplier Development Programme as a Corporate member creates further opportunities to enable us to do that. We look forward to engaging, supporting and working with micro, small, medium and supported businesses across Scotland and the prospect of adding new members to our supply chain.”
Notes for editors
- SDP is a publicly-funded partnership led by Local Authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender ready for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £12.6billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- Membership of SDP provides:
- early market awareness and promotion of potential tender/supply chain opportunities;
- support at the organisation’s tender-related supplier engagement events;
- additional participation in the organisation’s tender and supply chain opportunities; and
- assistance to organisations to promote the availability of the Supplier Development Programme’s free procurement training to the organisation’s supply base.
- Visit sdpscotland.co.uk for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by SDP. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SDP contact details…