IN partnership with the Supplier Development Programme (SDP), hub East Central Scotland and Perth & Kinross Council will hold a free online business event on Thursday, 12 August.
The hub East Central Scotland Meet the Contractor event will give local businesses an opportunity to meet supply chain representatives from BAM Construction and Robertson Construction for upcoming projects.
This live, virtual event is aimed towards micro, small and medium sized businesses located within the Perth & Kinross Council area, but open to SMEs across Scotland. This event will allow suppliers to learn more about current and upcoming supply chain opportunities within the construction industry.
Suppliers will learn about contract opportunities from hub East Central Scotland within Perth & Kinross Council, and have the opportunity to engage with local Tier One supply chains from BAM’s live project at Perth City Hall and Robertson Construction’s upcoming projects at North Muirton Primary School and Perth High School.
Amanda Wright Community Benefits and Social Values manager, hub East Central Scotland, said:
“The event on 12 August creates a unique opportunity for businesses to engage with our Tier One contractors and bid for contract opportunities on several key public infrastructure projects in Perth & Kinross.
“It is our priority that wherever possible our projects are delivered by local businesses that employ local people. Our partnership with SDP will play a significant role in creating more opportunities for local suppliers, increasing access to our Tier One contractors as well as providing them with advice and support to successfully bid for contracts.
“More than half of the value of our project work is awarded to companies within our territory. We look forward to working with SDP to build on our success and grow the proportion of local work though effective awareness and engagement initiatives alongside our local authority clients.”
hub East Central Scotland is the first Corporate Ambassador Member of the Supplier Development Programme, and this virtual Meet the Contractor event is the first of several supplier engagement events planned for the coming year.
Through a partnership approach with hub East Central Scotland and its existing local authority member, Perth & Kinross Council, SDP will engage with suppliers to help ensure the supply chain is open and transparent, and contributes to community wealth building objectives.
Gillian Cameron, SDP Programme manager, said: “SDP is delighted to announce hub East Central Scotland as our first Corporate Ambassador Member. Through our partnership, hub East Central Scotland will be able to further demonstrate best practices that include sustainability, engagement of local suppliers and community benefit clauses.
“hub East Central Scotland is trailblazing a direct role in the construction sector by joining up local supply chain opportunities with existing local authority procurement objectives.
“This partnership, which includes Perth & Kinross Council, demonstrates the joined-up approach SDP takes to strengthen connections between the local authority’s procurement and economic development departments, now with hub East Central Scotland and its Tier One contractors, to maximise the economic benefit to local Tayside businesses and residents.”
Businesses are encouraged to register early for the hub East Central Scotland Meet the Contractor event on 12 August. It is a free event and open to all, but will be tailored towards to small businesses based in the Perth & Kinross region.
All businesses must register via the Supplier Development Programme website at www.sdpscotland.co.uk.
Notes for editors
- SDP is a publicly- funded partnership led by Local Authorities, working in conjunction with Scottish Government and other public bodies, to bring Scottish SMEs support in all aspects of tendering. By assisting businesses to become tender for public procurement, SDP improves all-round efficiency, sustainability and market potential.
- In Scotland, there is an annual public spend of £12.6billion. In the UK, there is an annual public spend of £240 billion. SDP Scotland offers free training throughout Scotland to Scottish SMEs to support and champion them tendering for this work.
- Membership of SDP provides:
- early market awareness and promotion of potential tender/supply chain opportunities;
- support at the organisation’s tender-related supplier engagement events;
- additional participation in the organisation’s tender and supply chain opportunities; and
- assistance to organisations to promote the availability of the Supplier Development Programme’s free procurement training to the organisation’s supply base.
- Visit sdpscotland.co.uk for more information.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by SDP. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
SDP contact details…