There are some incredible auction prizes up for grabs, with the online auction opening on Monday (13 September).
Need to know:
- open to amateur golfers
- play at the scenic Duke’s Course, St Andrews
- enter as a four ball playing Stableford pairs
- play for the Doddie Drive Cup and raise funds for motor neuron disease (MND)
- opportunities to win many other prizes throughout the day
- auction prizes will include two very rare bottles of whisky, signed by Doddie Weir, a round of golf with Edinburgh Rugby head coach, Mike Blair and other signed Scottish Rugby memorabilia
- sign up at mtxgolf.com from £350 for a four ball which includes bacon roll, coffee and a snack at the halfway house
- golfers are encouraged to wear colourful golfing attire in a nod to Doddie Weir’s unique style
- generous donations for the goodie bags and raffle from Slingsby Gin, Genius Brewing, Tight Lies and Royal & Awesome.
Doddie Drive founder, Nicole Scott-McKie, said: “We are very excited to hold the first Doddie Drive in St Andrews later this month. It is set to be a fun-filled colourful event, with some incredible prizes up for grabs. We have further events planned for 2022 and we hope that through our tournaments, we will raise significant funds to support the vital work of the My Name’5 Doddie Foundation, both for medical research, as well as supporting those affected by the cruel disease.”
There are still a couple of tee times available, so who will be the first names on the cup? Enter at mtxgolf.com/the-doddie-drive-weekend
For further information or photography, please contact Viv Blair at email@example.com or Nicole Scott-McKie at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Notes for editors:
My Name’5 Doddie Foundation
Doddie Weir OBE, founder of the My Name’5 Doddie Foundation is suffering from motor neuron disease. Doddie has thrown everything at raising awareness of MND to increase research into this debilitating disease.
The Foundation has two aims:
- to raise funds for research into the causes of MND and investigate potential cures
- to support people with MND and help them to live as fulfilled a life as possible.
The Duke’s Course
The Duke’s Course has the flexibility and challenge to appeal to golfers at every level. Its style ranks alongside the great inland challenges, which demand accuracy and inventive play as well as power golf. It is highly-regarded as one of the finest heathland championship courses in Britain and a must-play course for any golfer. It is located in a spectacular setting above St Andrews and gives a magnificent panoramic view over the surrounding countryside to the sea.
The auction lots go live on Monday 13 September. Anyone can bid on these whether they are attending the event or not. The aim is simply to raise as much money as possible for the My Name’5 Doddie Foundation https://www.sliderstock.com/thedoddiedriveauction.
MEDIA RELEASE issued by Blended Marketing. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
Blended Marketing contact details…