MEMBERS of u3a: Online Across Scotland (OAS) will soon copy the practice of 18th century Scots.
But instead of gathering in Coffee Houses to discuss new ideas, people can grab a 4pm cuppa and enjoy interactive digital discussions at home.
This monthly series, from March till June 2022, offers afternoon conversations with various speakers.
First for March 4 is author, Hillary Sillito, on Scotland 2070.
Said Scottish u3a trustee and u3a OAS founder, Ann Keating: “People often want to get the facts about key matters of the day from a credible source. So, we are delighted to present sessions that will get people talking.
“It offers the chance to really question some key experts. Topics range from Scottish emigration and climate change to laughter yoga and health myths – like eat chocolate to cut your heart attack and stroke risk!
“In a digital age, OAS provides an online equivalent to the transformative talking shops of 300 years ago. It’s apt to host such events in the same year as u3a celebrates its 40th anniversary.”
Notes for editors:
- The first u3a: Online Across Scotland (OAS) Coffee House guest speaker on 4 March 2022 is author Hillary Sillito. In ‘Scotland 2070’, he imagines the country’s economic and social future. Current and prospective u3a members can use this link for each Coffee House free session:
Or try u3a:Online Across Scotland website: https://u3asites.org.uk/onlineacrossscotland/home
- Scotland has 53 community u3as with around 10,000 members who form part of a UK-wide and international educational movement (https://u3asites.org.uk/scotland/home). Local volunteers lead these self-help learning co-operatives for people no longer in full-time work or who are unable to work. The u3a motto is ‘Learn, laugh, live.’
- Scottish trustee, Ann Keating, developed the digital creation of u3a: Online Across Scotland in 2020 in response to the pandemic and COVID 19 lockdowns. Average annual u3a membership costs less than 50p a week and sole OAS membership is £10 a year.
- 2022 is u3a’s ruby anniversary. A series of events will celebrate 40 years of this national learning organisation which has more than 1,000 u3as in the UK: https://www.u3a.org.uk/
- For information about these u3a:OAS events please contact Scottish u3a trustee Ann Keating on 07757 976936 or email PR advisor Allana Parker: firstname.lastname@example.org
MEDIA RELEASE issued by u3a:Online Across Scotland. You too can share your stories (aka press or media releases), on this site. Email here for more information.
Check out twitter.com/scotsbulletin for your very own media releases feed…
Check out too twitter.com/allEducationPR.
Stay connected with our various twitter feeds: Charities, Drink, Education, Energy, Fashion, Film, Food, Gardens, Legal, Motors, Music, Outdoors, Property, Science and Sports. And not forgetting Finance, Theatre, Travel, Festivals, Visual Arts, Aberdeen, Dundee, Edinburgh, Glasgow, Inverness, Perth and Stirling.
u3a:Online Across Scotland contact details…
Contact: Ann Keating