BAUER Media Scotland is to turn its popular In:Demand radio show into the live music event of the summer.
In:Demand Live will take place on Saturday July 31st at the SECC, Glasgow, and will see a host of top chart acts all playing on the one stage to an expected sell-out crowd of over 9,000 music fans.
The launch line-up includes Alexandra Burke, The Hoosiers, Diana Vickers, Alex Gardner, Professor Green, Eliza Doolittle and Basshunter with more to be announced in the coming weeks.
The event has been created to celebrate Bauer Radio’s highly successful national evening programme strand In:Demand which is hosted by Romeo, and broadcast across seven Bauer stations in Scotland – Clyde 1, Forth One, Northsound 1, Tay FM, West FM, WestSound FM and Radio Borders.
In:Demand is on air Monday-Friday between 7pm and 10pm and is packed with artist interviews, exclusive tracks, great competitions and the best gossip from the world of music and entertainment.
Romeo is looking forward to welcoming a host of top chart names to Scotland.
He said: “It will be great to have all these acts that we’ve had on the show over the past year all coming together in Glasgow for the ultimate pop party. In:Demand is all about the best music and the biggest acts so the live show is definitely going to reflect that. Music fans across Scotland are in for a big treat!”
The line up includes:
- Alexandra Burke– the winner of X Factor 2008 has carved out her own niche of sleek and stylish pop R&B and has become as renowned for her sense of style as she is for her music.
- The Hoosiers – first stormed the charts with their feel-good brand of fizzy pop, with singles such as ‘Worried About Ray’ and ‘Goodbye Mr A’; and shifting over 600,000 copies of their debut album ‘The Trick To life’, the pop trio are back with a brand new sound which slots them straight into 2010 whilst firmly establishing their pop base.
- Diana Vickers is another X Factor graduate who has shown that she can far outlive and outperform the ‘reality TV star’ tag. With a wilful singing style Diana Vickers became known as the rebel in the pack of 2008’s X Factor hopefuls. Luckily, it wasn’t just the ten million regular viewers that clocked her difference. In March 2009, she landed a deal with RCA Records. ‘Songs From The Tainted Cherry Tree’ is her debut album which went straight to number one, as did the first, Cathy Dennis-penned single ‘Once’.
- Alex Gardner – a homegrown talent from Edinburgh was brought up in a musical atmosphere; his mother was a violinist with an orchestra and his older brother was a member of a heavy metal band. Having left Edinburgh Academy aged 16, Gardner set out to start an early music career in London. He wrote his first single, ‘I’m Not Mad’, at the age of 13. He altered the song through the course of four to five years, ultimately releasing it as his first single.
- Professor Green a.k.a Stephen Paul Manderson is a 27 year-old London rapper, originally spotted and signed up by Mike ‘The Streets’ Skinner. The first single off his album was called ‘I Need You Tonight’ (which sampled the 1987 INXS hit ‘Need You Tonight’) entered the UK singles chart at number 3 in April of this year
- Basshunter (real name Jonas Erik Altberg) started out as a working DJ in Sweden but signed to Warners in 2006, releasing an English version of old domestic hit, ‘Now You’re Gone’, which featured entirely rewritten lyrics to appeal to a foreign market. The song charted at number 1 in the UK and stayed there for five weeks.
Graham Bryce, managing director Bauer Radio Scotland, said:
“We are absolutely delighted to be launching this event. The Bauer Radio Network is building its reputation for bringing the very best live music to listeners and this event promises to be one of the biggest pop gigs seen in Scotland for many years.”
Tickets for In:Demand Live – priced £25 + booking fee – go on sale at 9am on Friday 28th May and are available on www.ticketsoup.com, wwwgigsinscotland.com or via the SECC ticket hotine on 0844 395 4000. For more details and regular updates on In:Demand Live log onto www.indemandlive.co.uk.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by The BIG Partnership. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.