THREE prominent Edinburgh businesses will hold a glittering fashion show, auction and raffle on Wednesday 17 November to raise money for this year’s BBC Children in Need event.
To encourage people to bid on the night, The Rutland, Fraser’s and Jenners have confirmed some amazing auction prizes, including a signed and framed poster of Edinburgh-born gold medallist cyclist, Chris Hoy MBE; two designer Stuart Gladstone handbags worth £250 each; a luxury weekend break at The Chester Residence in the West End, and a Jenners personal shopping experience with £300 spending money.
The Fairmont St Andrews Hotel is also offering one lucky bidder the chance to enjoy one-night’s accommodation in a Deluxe Sea View Guestroom, with a full Scottish breakfast in The Squire Restaurant, and 18 Holes of Golf on The Torrance or The Kittocks.
Guests will also be able to bid for a ‘chef for the night’, with the successful bidder being awarded The Rutland head chef, David Haetzman, who will cook in the bidder’s own home for a party of ten people.
For a ticket price of only £35 – which includes a glass of Champagne on arrival, three course meal, redeemable discount Fraser’s voucher, and goody bag – guests will enjoy a ‘Christmas party wear and festive casuals’ themed fashion show before taking part in the auction and raffle, with prizes such as tickets to the Children in Need show at the SECC, and a meal for two at Restaurant at The Rutland.
Fraser Falconer, national head for BBC Children in Need, Scotland, says: “Children in Need helps disadvantaged young people across Scotland and is only made possible by generous public support.
“Each £5, £10 and £100 raised counts and every penny raised in Scotland stays in Scotland.
“Children in Need is truly a charity that belongs to everyone in the UK and we’d like to thank Jenners, Fraser’s and The Rutland for making this event happen.”
Nic Wood, who co-owns The Rutland jointly with his brother, Garreth, said: “The event was such a success last year we thought we would do it again this year. It will be an amazing evening and we look forward to welcoming customers old and new.”
Alan Thomlinson, Fraser’s general manager, adds: “We wanted to organise a glamorous event for Children in Need and the combined fashion show, three-course meal, auction, and raffle will ensure that guests have a fabulous evening while doing their bit for a deserving charity.”
George Bell, Jenners general manager, says: “We are also delighted to be involved in this very special event. Children in Need is such a worthwhile cause and one that is very close to our hearts. We just can’t believe the generosity of the companies who have donated such great prizes.”
The event takes place at The Rutland, Rutland Street, from 6.30pm – 10.30pm on Wednesday 17 November and all profits from the evening will be donated to Children in Need.
For further information or to buy tickets contact Imogene Deery at The Rutland on: 0131 221 9978 / email: email@example.com.
Timings are as follows:
6.30pm: Arrival drink
7pm: Starter served
7.30pm – 8.15 pm: Fashion Show
8.15pm – 10pm: Main course/dessert/coffee/petit fours
10pm: Auction/raffle draw
This year’s BBC1 Children in Need event will be broadcast on Friday 19 November. For further information on the campaign visit: www.bbc.co.uk/pudsey.
For further media information, high resolution images and logos, please contact Samantha McKay or Fiona Vernon on 0131 6690333 or firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com.
Notes to Editors:
The Rutland’s awards
- Boutique Hotel of the Year, Chef Medaille D’Or for head chef David Haetzman, and Wine List of the Year at the Scottish Hotel Awards 2010
- Innovative Wine List of the Year at the Wine List of the Year Awards 2010, awarded in November 2009
- Spirits Bar of the Year at the Scottish Licensed Trade News Awards in October 2009
- Morgan’s Spiced Contemporary Bar of the Year 2009, DRAM Awards
- Most Exciting New Restaurant of the Year 2009, Scottish Hotel of the Year Awards
- Rising Star Restaurant Supervisor 2009 for Hannah Franklin, Scottish Hotel of the Year Awards
- Best New Scottish Hotel, Scottish Hotel Awards 2009
- Scottish Hotel Design, Scottish Hotel Awards 2009
- Best Bar Award for The One Below, Scottish Hotel Awards 2009
- Scottish Boutique Hotel of the Year – Runner-up, Scottish Hotel Awards 2009
- Rising Star Hotel of the Year – Runner-up, Scottish Hotel Awards 2009
- Reader’s Award for Best Restaurant, Metro Food & Drink Awards 2008
Signature Pub Group
- The Rutland became part of the Signature Pub Group in 2007
- Since then, £4m has been invested in its refurbishment and re-design
- Signature Pub Group has a portfolio of six businesses and almost 200 staff on Scotland’s east coast including The Bieldside and Paramount in Aberdeen, and The Black Bull, Element, and The Rutland in Edinburgh, as well as The Queen’s Arms in Edinburgh which will be reopening in early May following a refurbishment.
The Rutland, 1-3 Rutland Street, Edinburgh. Tel: 0131 229 3402. www.therutlandhotel.com
For further information contact: Lindsay McCarroll, PR and promotions manager, on (07770) 830 844 / firstname.lastname@example.org.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Niche Works. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Samantha McKay