Results from dating websites BeNaughty.com and DatetheUK.com
Over a third of women don’t plan to give their partner a present
one in five men to start Christmas shopping on Christmas Eve, but one in three don’t expect to receive presents on Christmas Day
Jewellery the ideal present for a lady
Over a third of women (36 per cent) do not plan to give the men in their lives a gift this Christmas, but expect to receive jewellery on Christmas morning, according to a new poll.
As one in five men will start their gift-shopping on Christmas Eve, and buy jewellery and lingerie for their partners, almost a third (29 per cent) are not bothered about receiving a present in return and believe that Christmas is over-commercialised.
The results have been gathered from a survey of almost 1,000 members of dating websites BeNaughty.com and DateTheUK.com, which are operated by EasyDate.
Results have been gathered from the UK, Ireland, the USA, Australia, New Zealand, and Canada.
When asked what they would buy their man as a Christmas gift, 36 per cent of women responded ‘Nothing – he’s got me!’
This is compared to 11 per cent who said they would be buying clothing for their partner and 11 per cent who would be buying toiletries and aftershave.
Women in the 31 to 44-year-old category were slightly more frugal, with almost half of those polled (47 per cent) saying they would not be buying the man in their lives a present.
This is compared to 28 per cent of women aged 18 to 30, and 32 per cent of women over the age of 45.
Internationally, there was almost a consensus on what women want to find in their Christmas stocking – something sparkly, with almost a third in nearly every country polled hoping to receive some jewellery on 25th December.
This is with the exception of Ireland, which is clearly a country of ladies who like to get dolled up – a staggering 60 per cent of women in Ireland would like to receive make-up for Christmas.
The message is obviously getting through to men, with 35% of men planning to give their partner some new jewellery this festive season.
Sean Wood, operations manager for EasyDate, said:
“It might be a controversial thing to say, but it’s clear that men are actually listening to the women in their lives when they tell them what they want! They say diamonds are a girl’s best friend, and that goes for all different types of jewellery.
“Men may not expect to get anything on Christmas morning, but for all those men who are doing some last-minute shopping on Christmas Eve for their wives and girlfriends – jewellery is definitely your best bet!”
Notes to Editors
About EasyDate plc
- EasyDate plc listed on AIM in June 2010 and is a leading provider of online dating services.
- EasyDate has built a base of over 13 million registrants and over nine million members in 29 countries (those countries with over 1,000 members), with a growing proportion of members coming from outside of the United Kingdom.
- EasyDate offers a wide variety of online dating services allowing members to interact with each other and access the content available on the group’s websites. These websites are intended to appeal to dating users of diverse ages, cultures and social interest groups.
- The group’s most-heavily visited websites include http://www.benaughty.com, http://www.cupid.com/, http://www.girlsdateforfree.com and http://www.datetheuk.com. The group also promotes the niche brands http://www.datingforparents.com, http://www.speeddater.com and http://www.maturedating.co.uk
- Further information on the company can be found at http://www.easydategroup.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Erin Hickey PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.