Go off the beaten track to avoid holiday under the sun tourist traps and experience the tropical side of French culture!
REPRESENTATIVES from France’s overseas destinations will head over to meet you in June to show you that it’s not just coconuts and palm trees on their side of their world!
Here are some brief introductions of what you would be discovering:
- Martinique – In the middle of the Caribbean, Martinique’s temperatures and waves are perfect for water sports and the island is nicknamed the ‘The Flower Island’ after its 3,000 species of plans.
- Reunion Island – off the coast of Madagascar, the island comprises over 2,000 hectares of coral reefs and has a rich historical past that can be discovered across the area.
- Tahiti – Located in the southern Pacific, hosts an annual regatta and has its very own grape varieties for winemaking!
- Guadeloupe – The Guadeloupe Islands, just north of Martinique, is home to a UNESCO international biosphere reserve and harbours five species of sea turtles.
- St Martin – The northernmost of the Caribbean destinations is also a hub of biodiversity for three ecosystems and boasts Creole villas and local spas.
- French Guiana – The southernmost of the Caribbean destinations displays an Amazonian forest and offers world famous traditional local cuisine.
- New Caledonia – East of Australia, this group of islands holds a 1,600km coral reef which you can visit from a boat with a hired boat skipper!
For a taste of these territories, please see our Youtube video and for more information and an inside view on the preparations for this tropical encounter, please follow our weekly chronicles on our blog.
For regular updates check https://twitter.com/#!/AtoutFranceUKpr
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Atout France. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Press Office ATOUT FRANCE UK
Phone: 020 7061 6635