CHARDON Management, of the UK’s leading independent hotel management companies, has been appointed by the Stobart Group to manage the £10 million, four-star hotel Holiday Inn at London Southend Airport, scheduled to open its doors at the end of August.
The eye-catching, full-service hotel will provide high quality and convenient facilities for airport passengers and staff, as well as local business users and discerning restaurant diners.
In a first for Holiday Inn in the UK, the five-storey hotel will feature a magnificent, fully sound-proofed rooftop bar and restaurant, called the 1935 Rooftop Restaurant & Bar. It will have capacity for more than 70 customers, plus an exclusive private dining room. Both hotel guests and visitors to the airport will be able to take in spectacular panoramic views of the airport and surrounding area whilst enjoying their drinks or dinner.
In addition to 129 air-conditioned bedrooms, including 27 executive rooms and four King Superior, the hotel will offer a variety of state-of-the-art conference and banqueting facilities for up to 150 guests, as well as a choice of meeting and break-out rooms.
Chardon Management managing director, Robert Crook, said: ‘We are delighted to win our first appointment by the Stobart Group for the management of the day to day operations of this outstanding new hotel. It’s a great opportunity and the hotel and Holiday Inn brand will complement beautifully the growth plans of the airport.
“Situated just a few minute’s walk from Southend Airport, the hotel will be ideal for the business traveller. And at only 35 miles from Canary Wharf and 40 miles from central London, it will be a great base for visiting London, whether on business or leisure.
“The rooftop restaurant and bar is truly spectacular. Flooded with natural daylight through floor to ceiling windows, it offers outstanding views of the surrounding area.”
Managing director of London Southend Airport, Alastair Welch, said: “This hotel is a key part of Stobart’s plans to modernise London Southend airport, with superior quality and convenience both being vital ingredients to its success.
“This hotel will hugely improve facilities for passengers and flight crew using the airport, whilst also becoming an exciting new resource for local businesses. I also believe the new restaurant will become a destination venue for both the local community and people travelling from outside the town.”
London Southend Airport is a fast developing facility serving business and leisure passengers flying within the UK, Europe and beyond.
For further information please contact Nicola Taylor at Chardon Management tel 0141 333 0545
Issued on behalf of Chardon Management by Liquorice Media tel 0141 561 4018 www.liquorice-media.com
Date 27th June 2012
Notes to Editors
- In 2005 Chardon managed four hotels in Scotland, today it manages 35 hotels and seven health and fitness clubs throughout the length and breadth of the UK encompassing such leading global brands as Indigo, from InterContinental Hotels Group, Doubletree by Hilton, Best Western & Choice Hotels; Holiday Inn and Holiday Inn Express as well as many independent properties under their own unique brand.
- Chardon Management’s own brand portfolio comprises: La Bonne Auberge; Limelight Bar & Grill; Triangle Health and Fitness; Tri Health & Beauty and Hoteldeals.co.uk – all of which benefit its hotel owners.
- Respectful of how its hotel operations can impact the environment, recent years have seen Chardon Management review each area of its environmental responsibility, resulting in all its hotels being rated as ‘Going Green’, a recognised body in the green grading system.
- Chardon Management employs 50 staff directly whilst its portfolio of managed hotels employs circa 2,000 staff. The turnover of its managed hotels portfolio is £163 million. It intends to expand its portfolio by ten per cent per annum by actively seeking further hotel management contracts with developers, investors and administrators.
- Indeed, it is presently in negotiations with a number of investors/hotel developers to manage a number of UK hotels in key locations and has six new hotels scheduled to open over the next 12 months.
- Holiday Inn is the world’s best known hotel brand. There are 240 hotels from the Holiday Inn brand family open in the UK with a further 19 due to open in the next few years. Holiday Inn is part of InterContinental Hotels Group (IHG) family of brands.
- Located very close to mainland Europe, and outside of congested London airspace, Southend Airport is free from overcrowding both on the ground and in the air, yet is just 53 minutes by train into the heart of the capital.
- Operating from over 40 sites across the UK and Europe, the Stobart Group is one of the UK’s front-runners in multimodal logistics, warehousing and biomass fuel sectors. At the core of the Group’s offering is Eddie Stobart, the iconic name behind a huge road haulage fleet totalling some 2,250 tractor units and over six million sq ft of warehousing. Multimodal services are completed by Stobart Rail and Stobart Air – which operates two airports, including London Southend.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by Liquorice Media. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Susan Christie
Phone: 0141 561 4018