CREATIVE branding and PR agency, threebrand, is ‘spicing up’ its ever-growing client list with a new rum project, Cockspur Spiced.
The Edinburgh-based agency was commissioned to create an exciting new label for the Barbadian tipple, as well as off-trade POS support materials that will promote the product, which is a new variant into the UK market for the Cockspur brand.
Philip McTeer, head of Mainstream Brands at Whyte & Mackay, who distribute Cockspur in the UK, said: “We were looking to extend the Cockspur family and as there is a growing consumer demand spiced rum in the UK, we decided it was the right time to release our own Spiced product into the market.
“We immediately decided that we wanted to work with threeband on this design project as they have previously worked across the Whyte & Mackay portfolio and we knew that with their creative skills and capabilities that they would execute the brief perfectly.”
Cockspur Spiced is inspired by traditional Caribbean ingredients to create a subtle spiced taste and will be exclusively available in a 50cl bottle and at an ABV of 22 per cent, a response to market trends for convenience sizes and lower ABV products.
Lisa Gray, client director at threebrand, said: “We were approached by Whyte & Mackay to create an updated version of the famous Cockspur label, featuring the iconic cockerel.
“The cockerel is the key essence of the brand so it was important that this remained prominent, whilst refreshing the look and feel in line with the product personality.
“Our response to the brief was to leverage all the core brand visual equity whilst giving it an aged and distressed look that reflected its Barbadian beach origins. Texture and type were selected to capture this.”
For more information on threebrand please visit www.threebrand.com or ‘follow’ Twitter – @wearethreebrand or ‘like’ on Facebook – www.facebook.com/Threebrand.
– ENDS –
Notes to Editors:
- threebrand is a creative branding and PR agency, launched in 2004.
- threebrand recently received the award for best packaging and the ‘Grand Prix’ for best overall design at the annual Scottish Design Awards for their work on Greenhook Ginsmiths American Dry Gin and Beach Plum Gin Liqueur. They have also been nominated for the Pentawards worldwide packaging design competition for the same suite of packaging.
- Its hand-picked and highly motivated team enjoy working from Boat 1502U, located on the Water of Leith in the heart of Edinburgh’s creative community.
- threebrand aims to help its clients create distinctive brands by following three simple steps:
- understanding the dynamics of their brands’ marketplace
- taking this knowledge and creating inspired design solutions
- ensuring brand integrity and consistent implementation
For more information visit www.threebrand.com or contact Sarah Dedecker or Gillian Hamilton at threebrand PR, on 0131 454 2030 firstname.lastname@example.org / email@example.com
MEDIA RELEASE posted by threebrand PR. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.