Date: Friday 24th August 2012
Time: 10.30am to 2.15pm
Venue: Meet at Tarbet Pier for Waterbus to Rowardennan Youth Hostel
Dress: Casual (sensible shoes recommended)
SYHA Hostelling Scotland and Cruise Loch Lomond have worked together to develop a new scheduled waterbus service to Rowardennan Lodge Youth Hostel.
A newly-built jetty now sits at the foot of the Youth Hostel lawns.
On Friday 24th August we will celebrate the launch of this new, environmentally-friendly way of reaching Rowardennan Youth Hostel.
The event will include a short cruise on the Loch, lunch at Rowardennan Youth Hostel and an opportunity to explore all that’s on offer in this beautiful area: • Experience the Waterbus • Tour the Youth Hostel • Find out about land and water activities in the area • Explore the environment at the foot of Ben Lomond • Meet local businesses
The daily Waterbus services to Rowardennan from Inversnaid, Luss and Tarbet take bikes, so customers can hop on and off the Waterbus for some wonderful cycle rides along the banks of Loch Lomond.
This new service offers a multitude of options for exploring villages, walks and attractions.
Please confirm your attendance to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Notes to editors
• SYHA is an 81 year-old charity which provides youth hostelling accommodation for the education, health and wellbeing of people in Scotland and beyond.
• SYHA currently has a network of around 65 Youth Hostels, including 25 independently-run affiliate hostels.
• As a not-for-profit organisation, any income generated from the provision of youth hostelling is invested back into the network of Youth Hostels in Scotland.
• SYHA is open to all and offers free membership to young people under the age of 16 along with those in full time education.
• We are part of the Hostelling International Network which offers affordable and accessible opportunities to visit locations in 80 countries across the world.
• SYHA hosts on average 500,000 guests annually bringing people to Scotland from all over the world.
• VisitScotland estimates that SYHA contributes over £24m pa to the local tourism economy.
• The charity’s Youth Hostels serve most of the country’s most desirable destinations, from key urban locations to breath-taking rural areas, including some of Scotland’s most remote, and enticing, beauty spots.
• SYHA Hostelling Scotland is part of the VisitScotland Hostel Quality Assurance Scheme and the largest participant in the Green Tourism Business Scheme in Scotland.
MEDIA RELEASE posted by SYHA. You too can post media releases (aka press releases) on allmediascotland.com. For more information, email here.
Contact: Roanna Laverty